Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Simple but effective, my meals that is...

Wednesday 11th June 2013
Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy. Wayne Dyer
Day one back and work and on track went well, ended the day on 26 ProPoints and enjoyed 3 meals, toast for breakfast (6pp), Halloumi cheese & bacon with warm beetroot and salad for lunch (10pp) and for tea I had an Halloumi cheese & spring onion omelette with asparagus for tea (10pp), and I earned 8pp on my pedometer.  I even stayed up till 10pm without overindulging or going off track which I was particularly pleased by for one reason and another.
The reason for all the Halloumi is that I’ve had a block in my fridge for a month or so (long sell by date) and not used it and as I’m skint and trying to use up what’s on offer in my house, I decided it was about time I cooked with it and I’m so glad I did it’s delicious, quite salty which I like and 4pp per 40g, the Cypriot cheese is often used in cooking and can be fried until brown without melting, owing to its higher-than-normal melting point. This makes it an excellent cheese for frying or grilling and served with vegetables or as an ingredient in salads. Cypriots like eating halloumi with watermelon in the warm months apparently; I may have a go at that!
 
I'm so glad I have the scales, I was shocked to weigh this slice of bacon and see it was 3pp!

Busier than normal day today which I’m hoping will stand me in good stead for another successful ProPointing day because I’ll be occupied so won’t be thinking about stuff.  I got weighed yesterday morning and have decided to make that my weigh in day as it means when I’m asked how I’ve done at the scales in the meeting it’s the same answer all week, I get confused trying to remember the week before (I’m easily confused ;-) )

I’ve started well, it’s only 5.15am and I’ve already got a pan of carrots on for soup, they’re past their best so I thought a soup might work and give me something to fill up on before meals, although I actually enjoyed hearing my belly rumble yesterday, it’s been such a long time! It also turned out I was thirsty not hungry.  I’m still drinking my pint of water in a morning before my cup of tea and some morning I have more, I’ve also started keeping a pint by the side of my bed to sip from if I wake in the night.  What tweaks have you made that have become a habit now?  It’s good to acknowledge them because it shows that little tweaks each week lead to long term successful changes.
Just looking at my Weight Watchers esource and theirs a recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara that looks quite tasty, I also have all the ingredients so may do that today if I get time and if not later in the week.
It may have rained yesterday and the sun didn’t shine as much as it had been but that’s okay, you can’t have sunshine all the time and I still managed a bit of a walk with Alfie and I enjoyed seeing all my members in my meetings and catching up with them all.
Right I better get on it, lots to do, places to be, paperwork to finish!
Eat Gorgeous, stay on track & BeYouTiful because we’ve had a taste of summer and know how incredible it is to feel happy and healthy when the sun shines. x

No comments: