Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 7 October 2012

Want Cake - Have Banana - WATEVA!

7th October 2012

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination. Tommy Lasorda

5 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 5 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 30

It does if you're a leader doing lunch with another leader! It's called the rounding up rule ;-)

You should have heard the conversation in Pizza Hut yesterday between me and my bestie as we worked out the ProPoints in out lunch, I hadn’t got the eating out guide in my bag, only the phone app because we had intended to go to McDonalds and I would’ve know the ProPoints in that meal.  So we’re sat there eating the pizza above half vegetarian / half pepperoni, large thin crust Italian.  I’m scrolling through the options on the Weight Watcher app and said the veggies 5pp, and the pepperoni is either 5 or 7 a slice, Lynnes reply “5 then”, so we did 4 slices of pizza in our heads as 20, I said “then the salad”, she replied “5”, I said “it say’s the coleslaw on its own is 5 so that’s easily 10pp”, her reply, “7 altogether then”.  So if you’re keeping up that’s 27 in her head at the moment, I then said “then our bottle of bud about 5”, her reply, “30”, we both burst out laughing, I asked how she’d got thirty from 27 + 5, her reply, it’s the rounding up rule!  When your out for lunch if its under 35 you round it down to 30!  You gotta love our logic ;-)

The reality of the situation after looking it all up in my eating out guide (which I shall be leaving in my handbag in future) was;

2 slices of pepperoni = 12
2 slices of veggie = 10
Salad station (per spoonful)
     Coleslaw = 5
     Potato salad ½ spoon = 2
     Couscous ½ spoon = 3
     Sweetcorn ½ spoon = 1
      Actual Salad = 0

Bottle Budweiser 330ml = 4

Total = 37pp

But you gotta love the leaders logic to lunch!  You may not lose weight if you follow it but hey ho!  I have to say I really enjoyed the pizza, wished I’d have gone without the salad bar - what a waste for 11pp, I could’ve had the Starter Texan BBQ chicken wings for 9pp or I could have just had the pizza and been totally satisfied as I was and then I would’ve only used 26pp from my weekly allowance and it was delicious.

On the other hand I have to say I couldn’t bring myself to reheat the steak and Guinness pie, I just didn’t fancy it at all so mom had some and Alfie had the meat.  I refuse to eat something these days that doesn’t turn me on, I only get 3 meals a day and I’m not wasting any of them that’s roughly 15, 530 meals if I live another 40 years!  Yep I’ve done the math ;-)  I likes food!

Anyway I went to my meeting prior to the meal and it was of course about having your essential weight loss kit with you for when you were out and about (kinda failed on that afterwards I’m aware but it’s under control).  So my leader is explaining how if you have your eating out guide with you when you go in Asda or M&S cafĂ© because you’ve been out longer than anticipated or because you’re meeting a friend for a catch up, you may want to enjoy a slice of cake, having your eat out guide with you gives you the knowledge you need to make the better choice, i.e. carrot cake in Asda 18pp,  chocolate brownie 7pp, Victoria layer cake in M&S 18pp, Iced bun 7pp.   That to me made sense, if I fancy a bit of nice I’m going to opt for the lower choice, last Saturday I actually took the Weight Watcher fudge with me when we had coffee and saved even more ProPoints.  Well a woman at the back of the room commented, “I have to disagree with you, I wouldn’t have found myself in that situation, and if I had I’d have eaten a banana from my handbag.  You have to have a certain degree of self control.”  Mmm I have to say that’s a wonderful theory in an ideal world but in my world I want cake sometimes, I want to be indulgent and enjoy this weight loss journey I’m on and have long term success.  I don’t want to eat a banana with my coffee and the majority of people I know don’t either!

So in my handbag for next Saturday I shall have my eat out guide and my box of Weight Watcher bars, I can imagine eating one of those instead of cake but the banana, nah that’s staying at home in the fruit bowl for on top of my porridge!

Enjoy what looks like it’s going to be a super sunny Sunday!

 

 

No comments: