Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 October 2012

Not ready to hibernate just yet.

28th October 2012
I gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which I must stop and look fear in the face...I say to myself, Ive lived through this and can take the next thing that comes along. Eleanor Roosevelt
Gained an hour, what will you do with yours?  I managed to sleep well again, so I’m refreshed, still got the head cold but they go when they’re ready don’t they.  It didn’t stop me enjoying yesterday, I cooked, made macaroni cheese haven’t had it for years and only ever had it from tins or processed packaging, never liked it but that was ok I have to say and quite easy, a little high on the ProPoints but very filling.
 
Macaroni Cheese
 
225g macaroni (17pp)
1tsp olive oil (2pp)
225g cheddar cheese (25pp)
85g low fat spread (9pp)
85g plain flour (8pp)
1.2 litres (2pints) skimmed milk (10pp)
1 teaspoon mustard
 
Pre-heat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6
 
Cook macaroni in boiling water until just soft, about 9 minutes.  Drain sprinkle with a tsp oil to stop it sticking together and set to one side.
 
Grate cheese.  Put low fat spread, flour and milk into pan, place over heat & stir continuously until it starts to thicken.  Remove from heat and ¾ of the cheese and the mustard,  stir then add the macaroni and stir thoroughly.
 
Pour into large ovenproof dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese & bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbling, approx 20 mins.
 
Yes it’s 14pp but its real food that everyone can eat and it will fill you up – trust me!
 
At lunchtime I went for a walk on Cannock Chase with Lynne and Katie and the dogs and that was lovely, the fresh air, the autumn leaves, and the bright sunshine – glorious, much nicer than walking the local roads.
 
Not sure what my plans will be today, but I do know it’ll start with a long walk in a little while.  Might do a bit of cooking, or reading or chilling, who knows, I just like the fact I haven’t got to rush to do anything.
 
Just realised 8 weeks tomorrow will be Christmas day!  So if I want to enjoy it and let myself indulge a little, I need to stay on track now and not hibernate like a grizzly bear otherwise I might look like one come 2013!  Yes plenty of fresh air I think and ways of adapting recipes so that I can eat the comfort food without getting the Santa belly!
 
On that note, I’m grabbing my Walking Boots and going for a long walk!  Enjoy your Sunday, make the most of that extra hour. x

No comments: