Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 15 October 2012

Beautiful Chaos! That's me ;-)

15th October 2012

The most damaging phrase in the language is: 'It's always been done that way.'Grace Murray Hopper

Well what can I say, you can’t beat a bit of order to things, I’ve shown you my office before and I do tend to sit in chaos every day, by the middle of last week everytime I typed on my keyboard I could hear something knocking together on the other side of the desk because there was so much junk going on, so yesterday was “mission office” and it took me just over an hour to sort completely, which shows even what seems like a huge task isn’t quite so bad once you start;

Before
 



After

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Will it stay that way?  I will try to keep it that way for as long as I possibly can!
If it doesn’t stay that way will it matter?  Nope, I’m glad I did it because I’m now sat feeling really good about my tidy office, if it ends up back where it was that’s ok, I can do it again, and keep doing it until one day it stops getting quite so bad!

That’s a bit like weight loss isn’t it, you just keep at it, keep changing one thing at a time and hope that eventually you do those things without a thought.  I can honestly say I do a lot of the habits I’ve made through following the Weight Watchers plan automatically these days and that’s probably one of the reasons I’ve kept the majority of my weight off.  I’m still working on the other half stone of habits ;-)  I’ll get there one day, because I’m never gonna stop working at it.

BeYouTiful
If you met someone just like you would you want to be their friend?

I love how the universe works, I wrote the two lines above yesterday afternoon whilst watching tv, I email myself thoughts and things I plan to write about in my blog, it’s usually stuff I think about having conversations with people, or reading or watching on tv.  So I log on this morning and a friend has posted this as her status;
As you all know, I do not have kids, but KIDS, kids and teenagers out there….. Be YOU, never try to fit in, never try to be cool, the ones fitting in are fake….. The only truly happy ones just be themselves….. The coolest and happiest people AFTER school are the ones who were the ‘uncoolest’ at school…... trust me….find you and BE YOU!

How true is that - wise words to share with your own kids if you have them!
So back to my two lines, they came about because I was talking to a few people yesterday and I realised how different we all are, but at the same time how we all want similar things, we all want to be content and happy and deep down we all just want to be loved/liked – even those who think they don’t! 

Unfortunately some people try too hard or try to be something they’re not – you don’t have to be, just be yourself – it works – it really does.  You ROCK!  Trust me, I come into contact with approx 1000 people in which and they all have something that makes them special, they all have their own qualities.
Forget about creating this “new you” as you lose weight why not decide to work on the “real you”!  One of the best things you can do whilst losing your weight is focus on who you really are, not who you think you are supposed to be! 

Oh and remember your weight and your eating habits are NOT who you are!  I was talking to someone very dear to me yesterday and she said, “I’m just a greedy bitch”.  That’s not who she is, its how she’s choosing to behave at this time.  She can change that if she wants too, I know she can and so does she, but her eating behaviour isn’t what makes her, or who she is, she’s so much more than her weight, and actually the real her is pretty damn AMAZING!  When you get below the defence mechanisms she has in place and past the blasé talk, there’s a real depth to her and she’s a very funny, caring person who just has a defence mechanism built in.  How do I know?  Because I used to be just like that, I remember my old boss telling me one day that I had a big brick wall built around me!  Mmm he had a point!

So in the words of Oscar Wilde “Be yourself – everyone else is taken for!”

In my words, “Be Yourself unapologetically, you are good enough– BeYouTiful!”

No comments: