Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Feed me, it's comfort food I'm craving....

10th October 2012
Don’t just survive – LIVE!
Good morning everyone, I’m feeling good this morning, dreamt about Doctor Who ;-) sad I know but it’s made me wake up with a smile on my face!
So I was on form yesterday, because Alfie wasn’t in the mood to walk on the morning and we were only out 20 minutes, I had time to cook lunch before I went to work, Corned Beef hash, nice – I followed the recipe on my website http://www.happyowls.co.uk/hash1.html, I used slightly less oil and didn’t have the fried egg so it only worked out at 9pp;
 



I really enjoyed that, then later I made a couple of cheese and potato pies with the rest of the potatoes, used 400g potato (8pp) between two mashed, then added 50g philidelphia light garlic and herb topped with 30g each of cheddar cheese and sliced tomatoes, again it was delicious, I served it with the rest of the vegetables I’d cooked at lunchtime to add volume and it was very satisfying.  One lady commented on the photo that she wouldn’t waste 9pp on it but that’s the beauty of Weight Watchers you don’t have to eat anything you don’t want to and personally I didn’t think it was a waste at all, I thought it was delicious and would make it again, maybe use low low cheese spread instead of the phili or cheese triangles.
 
Weight Watchers works because of the realism of the plan, it’s liveable, it means that you can eat whatever you like as long as you ProPoint it, I’m passionate about food and like to eat a different meal every day, hence the reason my freezers full of leftovers, some people like routine and eat the same meals week in, week out, others eat similar foods, convenience foods – the plan suits all.
And the other reason the plan works is because of the support http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2215062/Members-Weight-Watchers-groups-lose-times-diet-study-reveals.html.  As covered in the daily mail the study showed that better meeting attendance was associated with greater weight losses during the first 24 weeks and that Those following a Weight Watchers diet plan lost three times as much weight as those seeking medical advice – I’ll happily put my hand up and take credit for that!  We Rock ;-)  I’m a leader and I still get motivated by attending a meeting as a member, I’ve lost 4lb in 4 weeks, since adding a meeting into my week and that’s the only major change I’ve made, yep I need support too and it’s not just the support I want, it’s the encouragement and the reminder of why I’m there, that’s what my leader does for me – she rocks for sure ;-)
So the biggest decision I have to make today is whether to eat the same meals as yesterday because they actually were delicious, or have something different, it’s a tough life!
Have a great day, mid week already, soon be Friday ;)



 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that lady who commented was quite rude, it's all about "choice" there was no need for her to comment in that way x x