Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Time to plan...

15th August 2012
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes but in having new eyes. Marcel Proust

Mmm I came up again my first obstacle yesterday since I got back on track 17 days again (I just checked on my diary).  So what was this obstacle, a combination of two things I think, first my taste buds, I have never enjoyed eating the same things week in week out so this involves a lot of thought about what I eat and some planning to a certain degree, yesterday I hadn’t done either of those things.  Well actually I had a little bit but not enough, I took chicken portions out of the freezer first thing and they hadn’t defrosted by lunchtime so I had to change my lunch plans, I put them in when I got home on the night and they didn’t cook in the time it said they would so by then I was ravenous and couldn’t wait any longer so ended up eating ryvita and feta cheese.  Funnily enough this wasn’t a bad thing because it reminded me I enjoyed both those foods and that tea doesn’t always have to involve cooking something hot, so at some point today I’m going to start a list of foods I like to eat, not necessarily meals but foods, the list will start with ryvita and feta cheese ;-)
Once I have my list, I can prepare my shopping lists in the future and plan meals I will enjoy and will help me stay on track.  Most of us think our favourite foods are those foods that aren’t great for our weight loss efforts, chips, burgers, crisps, cakes etc but when we bother to taste the other foods we actually start to realise that’s not necessarily true.  What I ate for my tea last night was delicious, it would have been better with a side salad but I didn’t have the inclination to make that at 8.30 (note the word inclination not time, I had the time just couldn’t be bothered).  So today I will be buying salad stuff and chopping it up in a tub to last a few days, I will find a tub that fits in my salad drawers in my fridge.  It’s all about making changes that will be able to be kept in place for life not just whilst you lose the weight.

My mate plans her meals because she has a family, I know Tracey my clerk does do because she has an army (sorry I mean a large family!) and it helps by their weight and their wallet, it’s cheaper to only buy what you need and to think about what you have beforehand.  I’ve noticed that I end up with food in the fridge that has to be eaten or it’ll go off/out of date so I end up eating something I didn’t particularly want to which isn’t good when you only have so many meals a day to enjoy.
Planning really does make a huge difference and not just to your daily meals, to everything, yeah impulsive is great sometimes and for some things, but if you plan your meals, and plan time for exercise, if you’ve slotted in the space you’re more likely to do it than if you keep saying ‘yeah I will…’

Plan what you’re going to eat/drink on a night out, or a weekend away, or a longer holiday, if you have in your mind some ideas of how you plan to cope then you’re more likely to stick to those plans.  I’m away at the end of the month for the weekend and I’ve been thinking about how I plan to handle it because I don’t want it to undo all the good I’ve done so far.  I don’t expect to lose weight that week however I don’t want to gain lots either, so that means not doing what I did the last time I went to see my brother, it means deciding what I will indulge in and what I’ll give a miss!
So today, plan your meals, plan your treats, you’ll particularly enjoy your treats more if you’ve decided on them beforehand, earlier in the day when you’re in control rather than later in the day after dinner when you’ve got the munchies and YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING, then you feel like you’ve failed/gone off track/let yourself down, when really you don’t need to feel that way, that’s what those weeklies are for, and of course you can have a treat of fruit.

Right I’m off, Alfie needs his walk, actually I need my walk, I’ve finally found an exercise I’ll happily do once or twice a day, heck I’d do it three times if I can fit it in.
Another beautiful sunrise, enjoy your day. Xx








No comments: