Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 1 August 2012

My mother is a mystery!

1st August 2012
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. Tao Te Ching
 











Pinch, punch first of the month!  August already, day 3 of my Weight Watcher week and I still have 49pp weekly allowance intact and 3pp activity left ;-) Ooo it’s like Bridget Jones diary isn’t it!
So yesterday’s tracker looked like this;

Breakfast – fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 x Weight Watcher toast (weighed) = 5pp
Very nice it was too.

Lunch – Cauliflower cheese 6pp, was hungry when I got back from work at 11.30am and had to have it then because was going to hospital with mom for her physio appointment.

Snack 2pm – ½ slice of seeded bread and spread – 3pp was hungry then had Banana & 3 plums

Snack 6.30pm – Weight Watchers Toffee Popcorn bar – 2pp mmm nice just hit the spot.

Dinner lasagne and spinach 8pp
Wine – 9pp
½ slice of seeded bread and spread – 3pp
Milk in tea – 1pp
Total 37pp

Pedometer ProPoints earned = 7pp

I was hungry and tired all day yesterday, think it’s those lovely hormones kicking in again as its coming up to that wonderful time, but it’s so much better than last months so far, fingers crossed ay.  I’ve already got lunch cooked today, made it yesterday Chicken Chasseur (55p recipe on WW esource) and roasted peppers stuffed with rice, I got all the preparation done before leaving for work, leaving that half hour later gives me time to do that.  I know it means a couple of the really early birds can get weighed but they can go to another meeting and I still manage to find a bit of time to take care of me too.  It’s all about work/life balance.

My shorts on the fridge are most certainly motivating me to lose weight, as are my members this week, I weighed a few ladies that are on week 4 or 5 and they’ve all lost up to 10lb each, I have about 3 weeks till corfu so I can do anything between 3-7lb I’d be happy with that, then I may not be too successful that weekend, but then have another 3 weeks for conference so can do the same again.

We may not be getting Gold in the Olympics but two of my members achieved their Gold’s last night both reaching their targets, well done to Sharon and Di, great achievement, and it was even better for Diane because she was losing weight for her son’s wedding and it’s less than two weeks away now and she’s ready for it and looking fantastic. She was obviously confident she was going to lose that last pound because she bought me a bottle of wine and a lovely rose plant to say thank you for helping her get there.  Aren’t I lucky, another member bought me a notepad with “stay calm & walk the dog”, she said, “I saw this and thought of you”.  I love that my members know me so well.

So my mother!  I told her she’d got the hospital and she’s all “I’m not going”, I tell her she is because she’s still moaning about how dreadful the pain is, although she is managing to get around better, she got from the car into the hospital without me having to drop her at the door this time.  So we go into see the physio and she says, “How’s it feeling Mrs Longsden”, “oh it’s much better”, well my face said it all, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, so I actually said, “REALLY, then why haven’t you told me it’s feeling much better!” the lady then asked if she’d been doing her exercises and moms saying, yeah, yeah I am” I’m sat behind her shaking my head from side to side in a no fashion because she is not doing them.  I laugh at the next bit when the lady asks mom to show her and what mom does is more ballet than physio ;-) we all laugh as it shows she really isn’t doing them.  The physio examines her and tells her it is much better than it was, although she will still be in a lot of pain, she wouldn’t expect it to have gone, it may never go, it’s likely to be one of those things that emerges intermittently now and again.  Great joy, something else for her to have wrong with her, she already walks like an orangutan because of her limp from her car accident when we were kids, this will makes that walk worse.  Bless her, I do love her but she does test my patience, as my mate said it’s like dealing with her daughter at times, she’s 9 the only difference you can pick little Jen up and make her to things, if I was to try that with mom, she’d hit me ;0)

Well it looks like a wet Wednesday out there this morning but that will not steal my smile, I’m in the zone and on track, I’ve even planned to drive on Friday when we go out to save me some of my weeklies, I’d rather drink a good bottle of red in the house than a bad one in a bar!

Right time to start the day, mmm what shall I have for breakfast, will go look….. 


No comments: