Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 June 2011

Too early to think this morning...

13th June 2011

Live as though heaven is on earth.
I had a fabulous weekend, got home around teatime last night and was in bed by 8.30, shattered in a good way, we’d had a lovely day despite the rain, couldn’t believe that Saturday we’d been sitting in the garden and I’d got burned then Sunday it was soaking wet through all day – you gotta love the crazy British weather. 

I’ve loved this weekend not only because I got to catch up with great mates but because I’ve also totally chilled out and relaxed, I spent two hours yesterday morning just reading magazines and chilling out.  When I read the mags I pick up ideas and bits and bobs to share with you so here’s the first one;
Mushrooms are a natural source of antioxidants.  Mushrooms don't stop at being terrifically tasty. They're really good for you, too. Low in fat, low in calories and just 80g counts as a quick way to one of your five-a-day.  Not forgetting that they're a natural source of antioxidants, B vitamins and minerals, which can help you build a stronger immune system. Move over, Mrs Smith.  Over 250 tasty recipe ideas at moretomushrooms.com, I’ve had a quick this morning and the Char sui mushrooms recipes sounds scrumptious.

Yesterday morning we all watched Eat, Pray, Love, really enjoyed the film and again there was some moments that gave me food for thought, one being a comment made “Select your thoughts the same way you select your clothes each day”, how true is that, we put some much effort into what to wear and sometimes what to eat and lots of other things but then we allow our thoughts to control us, mainly because I think we don’t always realise we can control your thoughts.  So starting today and hopefully the entire week, everytime you have a negative thought, shoo it out of your head and replace it with a pleasant thought.  Everybody has bad days but instead of thinking you’re gonna be stuck in that bad day forever, acknowledge that you’re having a bad day and it will end soon enough and you can have a good one tomorrow.
Another short piece I read yesterday said; If you only do one thing this month...
RE-LABEL YOUR LIFE, You know how it goes. You ate a biscuit or two? How greedy.  Skipped a gym session? That's just lazy. According to Dr Daniel G Amen, author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Body calling yourself names is one of the worst negative habits, Self-labelling takes away control over your actions.  And bad, mad, sad, hopeless or helpless thoughts release chemicals that make you feel bad/ So how to change the habit? Catch yourself in the act, then write down your thoughts, reworking them positively.  For example, 'I enjoyed that biscuit - I'll eat less dinner to make up for it / 'If you want to feel good, think good thoughts; says Dr Amen.  Mmm so change those negatives into positives and I’d definitely recommend a read of RED especially if someone else has bought the copy ;D


Look for inspiration and ideas everywhere, you’ll be amazed and surprised at where they appear from, I love what Monique Howell wrote on our group facebook wall yesterday, “its great having my weight watcher leader in my pocket (on my fone lol) if I’m feeling the urge I just read a few wall posts off other ppl and ur happy owl blogs and I feel motivated again I’m a happy howell” Yep, dieting works best with support.

That’s me for this morning, Alfies under my desk whining and crying to go out, he doesn’t realise I’m not fussed as its wet out there, but we’ll go and I’ll shower when I return!
Have a fab day, and if life throws a rainy day at you – play in the puddles. xx




No comments: