Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 17 June 2011

New Friends x

17th June 2011

Some people are too tired to give you a smile, so give them one of yours as no one needs a smile as much as the one who has no more to give!

Baby it’s cold outside!  Walking Alfie this morning and my hands are freezing cold now, just about managing to type ;-D   He’s found a new friend who actually likes him back bless him, he’s so full on that most of the dogs don’t want to know.  His new friend is Casey and she’s the biggest, fluffiest Alsatian you’ve ever seen, it’s quite comical to watch.

Well I’m off to the Good Food Show today but was told yesterday that there’s not much in the way of freebies so I shouldn’t damage my diet too much, can’t wait to see what there, especially now I’m becoming a proper little cook in the kitchen, might treat myself to something nice.

Yesterday I made a chicken and potato salad with roast vegetables, I added tomato puree as the sauce and it was very nice plus easy which is what I need on a Thursday.  Won’t be buying little cracker things again though as I can’t resist them and had to put 6pp on my tracker for them yesterday ;( gutted, used 19 of my weeklies yesterday, still got 30 activity pp though and 27 weeklies so I should be okay.  I fancied some whole milk yesterday and 250ml cost me 4pp, nice but high.

I’m still working on my recipe box, doing it a bit at a time, this week I’ve added Leek and Mustard bake and Bangers and mash, here the recipe for that one, I’ll try and put some more on my happy owls website as soon as I can, but I’m really busy this weekend so it won’t be soon.

Bangers and mash with onion gravy
Serves 4, 9pp each Takes 15 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook

low fat cooking spray
4 medium onions, sliced thinly
1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped roughly (21pp)
8 Weight Watchers thin low fat sausages (12pp)
100 ml (31/2 fl oz) skimmed milk (1pp)
600 ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Spray a large saucepan with the low fat cooking spray and then add the onions and stir. Season and cover with a piece of baking parchment and then cover the pan so the onions are sealed. Cook over a very low heat for 30 minutes, or until the onions are soft and starting to brown.  Meanwhile put the potatoes into a large pan of boiling, lightly salted water and boil for 20-30 minutes, until tender when you insert the point of a knife.   Meanwhile preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C and cook the sausages for 25 minutes.  Drain the potatoes and mash them with the milk and seasoning.  Keep warm.  Finish the gravy by removing the lid and the paper from the onions and adding the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer on a high heat for a few minutes or until thickened, then serve with the bangers and mash, allowing two sausages per person.

It’s almost the weekend, remember we’re all playing the “one does matter” game this week, so before you just think sod it, ProPoint it and make sure it’s worth it, think of those ProPoints as if they were currency and spend them wisely, get the most you can for them. 

xx

No comments: