Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 April 2011

5th April 2011

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Ooo Bread, it can be so very dangerous for me, I hear a lot of members say if I eat bread it stops me losing weight but if it’s within your allowance that shouldn’t be true according to the experts, unless you have a medical problem maybe. I’ve found it doesn’t help when I eat it purely because it doesn’t fill me up and I can eat quite a lot of it but it doesn’t look like much and that’s exactly what I did yesterday, I ate the following;

Breakfast
2 slices toast with spread - Quick-added food 10
1 sachet Oat So Simple Apple & Blueberry 4
1 serving Milk, Skimmed 3

Lunch
smoked salmon salad wraps - 12

Dinner
cheese and onion cobs with salad -  8

Any Time
2 cobs with spread - 8
1 bag(s) Cheese and; Onion Flavour Potato Crisps 4

Food ProPoints values total used 49

OUCH! Is the noise I made this morning when I decided to track it all, I started the day well with Oatso Simple but when I got to my meeting I was still hungry and they sell toast there so I indulged, this kept me satisfied until lunch time when I decided to eat the salmon I’d defrosted and have them on a couple of Weight Watcher wraps, which are 3pp each only because their smaller than other wraps in my opinion! Spent the afternoon at the hospital with mom, she had a pre-op appointment so didn’t have time to prepare my tea, which meant I went for the easy option of cobs, with the tiniest amount of cheese on, but the cob alone is 3pp, and 2 wasn’t enough so I had another two with a bag of crisps on! Just worked out crisps and nearly died when I realised a small bag is 4pp. Mmm more planning today I think, I can’t believe I wasted 49pp on bread based meals, what a waste, especially as the only thing that tasted good was the wraps at lunchtime.

Nevermind, onwards and upwards, at least on the scales I maintained this week which I’m pleased about as I haven’t been tracking at all, just eating and hoping, but yesterday has kinda proved that’s not a good idea.

The salad bag I’d bought yesterday had grated beetroot in it which wasn’t bad at all, did you know not only is beetroot low in calories but it’s also a powerful detoxifier, it’s one of the great cleansers, especially of the liver, intestines, kidneys and gall bladder. It also stimulates the circulatory system, apparently speeding up the metabolism. The high amount of fibre contained in beetroot improves digestive health, aiding the absorption of food and helping to regulate processes within the body. Why not try roasted beetroot,

4 medium beetroots, washed (unpeeled)
1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
1tsp sea salt.

Brush the beetroots with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt & roast in a preheated oven at 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4 for about 1 hour (depending on size). When cooked, a skewer or knife tip will easily slice into the flesh. The roasted beetroots will serve 4 as a side dish for 1pp or 2 when sliced over a green salad for 2pp.

Nutritients in beetroot – Vitamins B3, B6, C, beta-carotent, folic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, fibre.

There’s your nutritional lesson for today, now go and enjoy the rest of your day. xx

No comments: