Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 21 April 2011

21st April 2011

Even though they are paid differently, everyone has to feel appreciated. Roger Staubach

Why is it that changing rooms can make us cry and salad tastes better with a dressing!



One of my members went into meltdown in a changing room yesterday, and I’m guessing the majority of members, me included, have been there, you’re desperate to find something that fits for a specific event and it’s not happening. What makes it worse is you’ve already lost weight so should be feeling great but instead you feel deformed because the one size is too big, but the next size down is too small and you’ve gone from flying to crying. I remember the last time I tried to buy a pair of jeans, by the end of the day I decided I didn’t suit jeans as there wasn’t a pair that had been made that fit.

It happens all the time doesn’t it, you’re feeling great and you see an amazing outfit, better still it’s reduced, so you take it to the fitting room and it doesn’t fit properly, the cuts all wrong, it clings to your stomach, the straps are too long, the boobs are too small or too big, or it’s the wrong length. Who designs these damn clothes anyway and who for!!!!

In situations like this it’s easy to get angry with your body, if only you weren’t this stupid shape, if you just had a normal body, clothes would fit you properly. If only you had bigger or smaller boobs, why are your legs so short and your arms so fat? Why oh why oh why?

Your body isn’t a mannequin dummy, thank goodness otherwise you wouldn’t be able to move! You body changes and it’s different from the body of every other woman, so how the hell can the same size 14 pair of trousers possibly fit any size 14 woman. They can’t and that’s why shopping sucks! Every BODY is different, your body is never the problem - the clothes are.

So next time you go shopping remember that, and remind yourself you’re trying to find the lucky pair of jeans that were designed for your butt not that bird who’s the same size as you but a foot taller/smaller!

Remember a lot of clothing can be altered too, so learn to sew or make friends with someone who can. My personal solution to the jean problem is I now wear dresses, much simpler and I only one item to buy. Xx

Also whilst you’re losing weight why not shop in charity shops or on ebay then your outlay isn’t so high as you lose. Also the best bit of advice I can offer, try stuff on, don’t assume it won’t suit you or won’t fit you, I have outfits in my wardrobe that range from size 8 – 20! And yes they all fit. I also have clothes I wouldn’t have dreamt of picking up but because I was shopping with friends they suggested them and they’re my favourite items now.

NOW moving onto salad with dressing, I can’t remember when it was but a while ago I was pouring some salad dressing on my salad and someone said, “do you know how many calories are in that salad dressing”, my reply was “do you know how boring the salad tastes without it!” Just because you’re trying to lose weight doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to enjoy the food you eat, salad dressing is fine, it makes me eat more salad to start with, I’m much more likely to eat a huge plate of salad leaves if there’s someone adding some flavour to it.

If I indulge in a hot cross bun this Easter, it will need to be best butter I spread on it, that in some dieting circles would make me a rebel ;) I can live with that, can you? Xx

Here’s to another sunny day. xx

No comments: