Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 April 2011

12th April 2011

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. Buddha

Great day yesterday despite the rain, it almost caught me out but not quite, I managed to stay dry. I also enjoyed all my meals too, had egg and spinach on a toasted muffin for breakfast, salmon and rice with steamed veg for lunch and finished the day with bbq chicken pieces from Asda and butternut squash cooked with onions, smoked paprika, vermouth and water, nice.

I went to Asda with the intention of doing a menu planner for members, a “can’t cook, won’t cook”, style of thing, but then something I read the weekend came to mind about people asking “what shall I do with my life”, and the doctor said “I will tell you exactly what you should with your life as long as you promise to do it!” No one ever took him up on his offer, because ultimately we all know what we want to do with our life, deep down we always know what we want to do with every situation, it’s just being brave enough to admit it.

The same goes for food, there is so much choice if only we stop to look, I could tell you exactly what to eat but you won’t follow it 100% because we are all so different and have such different tastes which change day on day and that’s why most diets fail because people try to follow what other people would eat or do! So instead I’m going to show people how to do their own menu plans. I’ll share ideas of course but not entire weekly plans because the choices are just vast. Even just looking at the chiller counter in Asda you could choose the majority of items and fit them within your daily allowance it’s just working it out and the best way to do that is with a Weight Watcher calculator, I was stood there with mine, I can’t be doing with that cardboard thing, it’s not accurate enough and I like accuracy when I’m ProPoint budgeting just like I do when I’m spending my money! Actually more so, my food intake is more important to me than my money ;D

Back to the vast amount of choice, I think we can get a little carried away, or I suppose it could just be me but I doubt it. Yesterday in Asda I felt like a kid in a sweet shop surrounded by so much choice, I hadn’t been there for a while so the layout and choices were different to my local supermarket and I was in food heaven of the week. I had to reign myself in and remind myself I only have one fridge with a 3 drawer freezer and there are only 2 or us in the house, 3 if you include Alfie which of course I do.

So I opted for the choices that came in at the lower ProPoint options and I even managed a few snacks, there are new Pork Farms branston pickle sausage roll snacks on offer for £1 and they worked out at 3pp each so I treated myself to them and I was so impressed with myself because in the car on the way home I only ate 1 and I ate it slowly, then I resisted the other 5, I don’t think I’ve ever managed that before in my 41 years on the planet.



I also picked up a couple of Feasters Fish Finger Cobs, they’re microwaveable, and only 6pp great when I’m in a rush or can’t be bothered to cook. I’ll have one tonight with a huge side salad I think. They also did others in that range such as a breakfast bap, chicken sandwich, ham and cheese also for 6pp, the burgers were higher so check yourself before you buy.

Anyhow I’m starting to waffle and its Tuesday so early start, I better get ready to walk Alfie.

Tip of the day, when cooking salmon in hot oven don’t lean your arm on the tray after you remove it and place it on top of cooker – it burns and hurts ;) yes I did!

Here’s hoping for a dry day, if it isn’t, play in the puddles xx

No comments: