Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 13 June 2023

Let's start the day with a smile

Tuesday 13th June 2023
Don't rush today - it's too hot!

Well I woke with energy yesterday despite the heat stopping me sleeping well the night before and I made the most of it, first I found the worktops, they were buried under a lot of stuff, but I put that stuff away and cleared them off :) next I decided to tackle the cutlery drawer - oh my days, how many chopsticks and crap knives does one house need!  I threw away things I haven't used in the last few years and was very pleased with myself.  I doubt anyone else will notice but the self satisfaction is good enough for me.  

My appointment at the doctors was good, he started telling me why I was there before I did!  I'd only told the receptionist I was in pain when I made the appointment but he obviously knew why.   He seems to think all of my issues are coming from my spine from when I fell off the longboard last year so he's referred me again, he was surprised it wasn't scanned at the time of the accident.  He said I've done everything I can to try and solve the issue myself from physio to massage so it needs looking at, he didn't want to go down the menopause route at the moment because he feels that all my pain could be coming from this injury.  Here's hoping, it says I should hear about my appointment in the next 3 weeks, fingers crossed.

Hilarious or not depending on how you look at things. You couldn’t see my kitchen worktops on the morning for mess, so I spent a couple of hours cleaning the kitchen and as a reward when I was cooking dinner I poured myself a glass of red. Called Aryn to come get his, he opened a wall cupboard to get the sauce & bang the pepper pot fell out, landed on the glass of wine and smashed it all over the kitchen.  I stood there thinking now I know what FML means, then I smiled, laughed and said to myself that would’ve been so much worse had the worktop still been covered in stuff - there’s always a positive and I have more wine, it was my last wine glass though, I think I'll be buying plastic ones going forward and maybe things are better left on the worktops than shoved back in the cupboards where they can fall out :)

Food wise, brunch was a chicken toastie, very nice, dinner we opted for rice, Aryn had leftover chicken with his and I had these which were delicious but that small 200g pot has 480 calories in it!  I didn't eat the whole tub as a few had already been snacked on.

The rice was 332 calories, a few peas, easily a 750 calorie meal, thankfully I hadn't eaten since the toastie!  Let's see what the scales say today...

Turns out Aryn did watch the first series of Your Honour so we've gone back to the first episode of series two and we're going to watch them together, so I won't be binge watching that, he doesn't have a long attention span for tv :) I watched another episode of Firefly Lane, mediocre at best for me, I'm obviously missing something because of the reaction on Facebook from others, the last episode ever is obviously really sad but we'll see when we get there.

I was in bed early, too damn hot, I slept on top of the bed and have managed a good few hours.  I also completed the Reward app step challenge, I averaged just over 8k a day, it had set me something in the 7's, can't remember the exact numbers but I've accepted another step challenge for 100 points, it's an average of 7730 steps a day.  It takes extra effort for me to do this, I have to make a conscious effort to add more steps, but I'll do it again.  The other challenge is to eat leaner meat at least twice, well we had chicken Sunday, yesterday and we're having it again today so that challenge is done.

I'm making butter chicken today with a Maggi bag, I'll let you know if it's any good, chickens come out the freezer, a bit more used, it's going down nicely, my cupboard in the kitchen is almost empty, I'm going to have to do a 'proper' shop at some point.  Not this week though, I'm skint from our holiday lol, it was worth it, we'll not stave.  Hopefully it'll be nice the weekend and we can use the BBQ food I froze, or I have a leg of lamb in there too for a roast dinner.  

Right, time to get ready for work, I need another mug of tea, the first one was good this morning, you can't beat that first cuppa when it's a good one.  







No comments: