Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 2 December 2017

Be someones sunshine today!



2nd December 2017
Remember it’s a process.  It’s going to take time, but you will make it as long as you don’t give up.

Very short and sweet this morning, so much to do, chaps coming to tile floor, I’m out all day at work then area meeting – happy days!  I’ve got to get milk, would you believe when I got home the fresh milk had curdled then when I got one of the last two cartons of long life out, it was out of date and had split!  So I don’t know what time shop opens but I’m gonna have to go get some before I leave the house this morning and also set up the tea making station in the living room as kitchens going to be out of bounds!  Oh Ma’an.

Anyways, it’s the first weekend of December, I know we have a nice buffet to enjoy this afternoon at our area meeting because I fetched it!  I plan to enjoy today and not worry about it, I won’t be having another get together with my colleagues this year so I consider this our Christmas Party.  If you’ve got lots on this month and you don’t want to do too much damage to your weight loss success remind yourself of all the reasons you’ve been doing so well.  I see success all the time but I watched on success in progress walk into my meeting first thing Thursday morning and I thought WOW!  I’ve known her years and this is the first time she’s really took it seriously and oh my, does she look amazing and I’m sure her reflection in a mirror will keep her going throughout this Christmas month.

Remember though, it’s okay to have a good time, draw lines the next day and enjoy life, it’s all about balance, don’t take it all too seriously.

And whilst I’m just filling time and space this morning before I start rushing round like an idiot, remember it’s no good looking great if you’re unkind!  What comes out of your mouth is far more important than how you look.  Kindness is important, thinking about people’s feelings even more so.


Remember what you say in the moment without even thinking can deeply hurt another, I heard about a situation where this has happened this week and it makes me sad to think one sentence towards another can make such a difference to their world, so before you speak, think, watch your words.  If you can't be kind - be quiet!

Anyway back to nice things – FOOD!  I’m not a fan of hunters chicken (actually I lie, I don’t think I’ve ever tried it, but I know it’s a popular for a lot of you, so here’s a recipe for you.

Hunters Chicken – 6sp per serving

2 chicken breasts
4 bacon medallions (2sp)
70g Cathedral City cheese – grated (8sp)
For the BBQ Sauce
1 tin tomato
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (2sp)
1tsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
juice of half a lemon
Salt & pepper (to taste)
2tsp BBQ seasoning

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.

Add all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.

Take the sauce off the heat and blend the sauce using a hand blender.

Layer a few tablespoons of BBQ sauce into each baking tin, add the chicken and layer the bacon over each equally.

Spoon over the rest of the BBQ sauce and then cover each with half of the cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through & serve.

Right I’m off to get ready for my meeting, here’s to a great day.

No comments: