Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 March 2017

Phew, tipped the scales in the right direction!



20th March 2017
The first steps towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are. 
Oh my days!  It's official, I'm finally a proper grown up...  Oh yeah, the first thing I did this morning before I even turned on my smelly scentsy wax warmers was grab a load of dirty clothes out of the bathroom and put it in the washing machine and turn it on!  What is this domesticated thing happening to me, have I been possessed? 

I have woke up in a let's sort this house out mood though, I love when this happens on a Monday and I have some time to actually do it, my mission today is downstairs, do some tidying, hoover, turn the living room more into a living room and less of a store room, make the utility room accessible, clothing etc should be on the shelves not the floor in there, I'm sure that's how it should be. 

Then if I have time, I'm off to Sainsbury's with a couple £9 off when you spend £60 or more and I want new bedding for my bed so I may treat myself, plus I still haven't bought a loaf - not had anything in my bread bin since last Thursday!

Another positive and a bit of a surprise, I've managed a half pound loss on the scales, YAY, I'm actually truly chuffed, expected another gain if I'm honest after the indulgences of the weekend, we did share that silly points pizza yesterday but at least now I can reset the tracker and start afresh with a healthy 'ish' fridge.  There's a M&S quiche lorraine in there but mom likes that so it's safe, that can be her lunch today, I'll even warm it up for her.  I'm not going to lie my breakfast yesterday was a chocolate eclair, actually it was 2, they were in the fridge from our Saturday get together and they are one of my favs, I knew they wouldn't make it through the day without ending up in my mouth so I treated them as a meal, plus I didn't have bread for toast did I!   I've just looked on the Weight Watcher app and eclairs are average 6sp each, I'd look on the packaging but like any self-respecting member, that stuff was hidden deep in the bin so no one could prove what I'd eaten :)

12sp for breakfast, 22sp for dinner plus I did make roasted Parmesan cauliflower and it was good and only cost 2sp per portion - there's a bit of balance at least.  Cooking a healthy meal today, there's a tagliatelle one in the cookbook I fancy, back to eating the good stuff.

I did have a lovely restful day yesterday, walked the dog, first time further than the second but it all helps to get us outside and moving.  Had an hour or cleaning up the kitchen, then the garden before sitting in the kitchen listening to my audio book and knitting.  Then we both sat down to watch tele, Fences the movie, a cheery little tale (not!) but a good film none the less, I'd rather watch stuff that lifts me though, I don't need to watch stuff that mimics miserable real life, I witness enough of it on a day to day basis.

And of course it was all ended off with a lovely early night, which was much needed.  I actually stayed away from work too for the first time in, well I can't even remember ever.  I did my blog, sent off my time sheet, and left it till today, even Facebook, I stayed out of my WW groups completely, I stayed off Facebook for most of the day too, really enjoyed some time in my own world alone at times, with mom at others.  A good day was had for sure and now I feel ready for my working week, I even feel like I want to do some housework and get it looking like I'd want to allow visitors over the threshold.

Oh my roasted cauliflower, it was so easy,
Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower
6sp total

1 head cauliflower, sliced about 1/2in thick
1 onion, sliced
4 sprigs thyme
4-6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tablespoon olive oil (2sp)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
30g grated Parmesan (4sp)
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet (I also used a pan liner) lay cauliflower florets on with onion, thyme, garlic, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Top with grated Parmesan Roast until almost tender, mine took about an hour. 
You could cook the cauliflower and veg first then top with the cheese towards the end if you think it might burn.  Also you can use as florets, my cauliflower was only small so sliced well, it was delicious.  I reckon something similar with curry flavouring would be epic.

Right I'm off to start my housework (ooo that sounds ever so domesticated) we all know this won't last longer than a couple of hours don't we, let's none of us be under any illusion here, I'm just going to embrace it whilst it lasts.

Here's to a happy Monday I say, you up for that BeYOUtiful?




No comments: