Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 2 April 2016

It's a good day for a great plan!



2nd April 2016
Your life only gets better when you do.  Work on yourself and the rest will follow.
Well Easter gave me a gain, a good one too - don't it go on easier than it comes off!  2.5lb on, took me a month to lose that, let's hope I lose it in a week like I gained it - can live in hope.  Or I can actually follow the plan and then it would.

We all do it don't we, start the year off with the best of intentions, so much mojo going on that you feel like you almost have magical powers and can whip the fat away with your want - oh if only!  Then what happens, well that first week passes and it's still dark, cold, wet and miserable because the wonder of Christmas has passed and you just want to eat nice stuff to cheer yourself up and cuddle up on the settee.  Before you know it, Easters arrived and there's that damn chocolate everywhere!  So April 1st arrives and you're feeling a little foolish because all those plans you had to lose a couple of stone are still exactly that - plans! 

Well today is April 2nd and we're going to make April Awesome - what do you think about that then!  I'm game if you are?  I'm up for planning my meals so that instead of 'tracking' I can use the planner as a checklist to tick off my meals and see I'm one step closer to a weight loss.  I'm hoping for a dry day tomorrow and I'll spend a couple of hours in my garden, the hour difference means I'll also be coming home in the light so more likely to go have an hour up the garden rather than in front of the tele.

Yep, my shopping's done, I'm focusing on the positive chooses I'm making rather than the negative ones, so we'll forget about the bottle of baileys my brother bought me for Easter, and I'll remind myself of the fact that I really fancied a burger yesterday and instead of getting one from the burger van that was parked outside B&Ms at Brownhills or popping to Maccy Ds, I went into Tesco and bought a pack of premium burgers and a tray of salt & black pepper wedges and cooked them with asparagus for 10 Smart Points.

I'm taking it one meal at a time!  How about you?  Start each day as if it's the first day and those pounds will start to disappear, I'm lighter than I was in January and that's all I'm concerned with, not by the total amount but the fact I've survived winter, if I hadn't even been trying to be healthy and take care of myself, I'd be a whole lot heavier, I do know that!

I've done my food shopping, have the ingredients for four of my simply cook kits and a couple of other meals, so I'm good for the week ahead, I've bought heck sausages and eggs for my breakfast, got mushrooms and tomatoes too.  I'm going to split the kit meals into 3 portions and I can have one for my tea the following night as mom only eats the one main meal so I don't have to cook her tea too.

Yep, I have a plan!  I feel ready for the week ahead, do you?  Are you ready for the weekend BeYOUtiful, let's make it a wonderful one.

Here's your Smart Point recipe for today.

Chicken Fried Rice
Serves 4, 5sp per serving

250g chicken (2sp)
2 tbsp oil (9sp)
1 egg (beaten) (2sp)
350g cold cooked rice (best cooked a day before in advance) (15sp) or use microwave rice
50g peas (1sp)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (1sp)

Heat wok until hot. Add the oil and heat until slightly smoky.  Add the chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the egg and stir fry until cooked.   Add the boiled rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes.   Turn to low heat and add the salt, and dark soy sauce.   Stir in well and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.   Finally add the peas and sesame oil.

Tip. Cook the chicken by blanching in boiling water. Allow to cool before slicing into thin strips. This will stop excessive sticking when stir-frying.

No comments: