Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 10 September 2015

Tracking through Thursday #madeapact



10th September 2015
Don't stop trying just because you've hit a wall.  Progress is progress no matter how small.

Luckily yesterday the cottage pie I'm made, I thought I'd frozen, I hadn't, I'd put it in the fridge, so we had that for lunch because I didn't get time to go to Asda, nor to make soup.  I realised I needed to get ahead on my work I do for head office because next month I'm going to be really busy preparing to get all my meetings automated - can't wait it's going to be so great.

So we had the pie for lunch, then I kept my tea simple and had egg and beans on toast. I'd also had egg, mushrooms and tomatoes on toast for breakfast. I need to do a bit of batch cooking and get some stuff in the freezer I think for days when I am too busy. 

Success is all in the planning and preparation for me, if I'm busy, tired or hungry and I've not got things ready, that's when I go astray. 

Another thing that helps to keep me on track is being busy, it's when I stop and do nothing that I can get distracted by food, one thing we've chatted about this week in meetings in these adult colouring books, they are a great way to keep your hands busy, they're also relaxing and enjoyable.  I have some in a cupboard from a few years back so I might dig them out now the weathers changing and I'll want to curl up in the warmth.  Found this image this morning which is a great starter for my happy owls;




They can be downloaded as pdfs from http://intheplayroom.co.uk/2015/01/09/grown-up-colouring-books/


I love this positive affirmation one, how good will it be reading that affirmation as you colour it in, the message subconsciously getting into your mind, it's a good thought to keep having!

Oh I almost forgot, one of my BeYOUtiful members bought in Courgette Cake last night for us all to sample, the recipe was in our Weight Watchers YOUR WEEK leaflet the week before last, it was absolutely delicious, so if you've got your copy get cooking.  Actually here's the recipe to save you looking;

Courgette Cake, serves 10. 5pp per serving.

300g courgette , grated
2 eggs, beaten
75g caster sugar
150g 0% fat Greek yogurt
75g dried apricots, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
40g low-fat spread,
melted and cooled
250g spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
40g icing sugar
Drop of mint extract

Preheat the oven to 150°C, fan 130°C, gas mark 2 and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking parchment. 

Mix together the courgette, eggs, sugar, yogurt, apricots and mint, then stir in the melted spread. 

Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir well to combine. Spoon
into the tin and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.

Mix together the icing sugar and mint extract with a little water to form a smooth paste.

Drizzle over the cake.

Seriously it was delicious and one of your five a day!  Be awesome with a bit of custard on it ;)

On that note, I'm going to get ready for work in the dark, end of summer isn't it.  Here's to a great day, we'll call it Tracking Thursday as Thursday is the day I made a pact with Rach to complete my 12 week journal. Let's do this!

No comments: