Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Souped up this week!



9th September 2015
Do what is right, not what is easy.


So touch typing is a bit awkward this morning, why?  Because I used my new sharp knife for the first time yesterday and sliced through the tip of my index finger on my left hand - ouch!  Luckily my lovely mom was there and went over the chemist to get some supplies, came back with steristrips and tube gaux and I'm all wrapped up, it's just in one of those places that'll take forever to heal because of knocking it, so I'll keep it wrapped up for a while. 

Other than that, yesterday was great, members who've been missing because of the holidays are returning so we're all deciding to activate our autumn rather than hibernating.  I'm starting day 3 of filling and healthy, yesterday I had;

Breakfast - Egg, low calorie brown toast, mushrooms & nutridrink
Lunch - Homemade cottage pie (mmm) with cabbage
Afternoon snack - Warby thin with ham
Tea - leftover chicken casserole
Evening snack - warby thin with ham

Yes there's a lot of food there!  But I know from experience that by about day 5 of F&H, my body starts to balance out and I get fuller quicker, at the moment it's sorting out my blood sugars.  Plus I'll stop buying the warby thins, they did however stop me grabbing crisps.

Now, today I'm thinking salmon, veggies and rice, mmm yeah that'll be quick and easy, that's lunch sorted, I think I'll boil some eggs and have egg on warby thins ready for my tea when I get home, that way I won't just have them as a snacky thing.  Slice a red pepper with that so I've got a veggie on my dinner plate!   I've got some courgettes left so I might try to fit in making some soup, or maybe do some courgetti to go with the salmon instead of the rice.  As long as I've got an 'ish' plan, I'll stay on track.  All that's in my fridge is good stuff so I can't really go astray, mmm beans on toast for tea would be nice too!  Need to forward think tomorrow too as that's my busy day.

Oh and I mustn't forget to use some of those potatoes too, so maybe have egg and chips today or tomorrow, that's quick and easy.

Might try this soup though, or use it as a guidline, the only ingredient I haven't got in is the mint, I could nip to Asda I guess on way to work.

Courgette, Pea and Mint Soup
Serves: 4, 4pp or F&H
5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray   
2 medium Leek, chopped roughly   
2 medium Courgette, diced   
700 ml Fresh Vegetable Stock   
400 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and diced   
300 ml Skimmed Milk   
150 g Petits Pois, boiled, frozen   
3 tablespoons Mint, Fresh   
1/2 medium Lemon(s), juice   
1/8 teaspoons Black pepper   

Spray a large, lidded saucepan with the cooking spray. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the courgettes and 4 tablespoons of the stock. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Mix in the potatoes and the rest of the stock, plus the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, for 12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

Add the peas and mint to the pan and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer the soup to a liquidiser, or use a hand held blender, and blend until smooth, adding the lemon juice and black pepper to taste. Return to the pan and reheat if necessary and serve in warm bowls.

Yeah think I will nip to Asda as I want a Savoy cabbage too, a very lovely lady told me what sounds like an absolutely delicious idea and I can't wait till I next go shopping to try it, so I'll go get it this morning.

Right I'm off, moms just woke up and demanding a cuppa ;), she's not demanding really but when you're a 77 year old mother who's brought up 5 kids, you deserve a cuppa and breakfast in bed every morning!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, I plan too, on Day 9 of 83 days in my journal, feeling confident.

No comments: