Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 3 September 2015

Let's make it a September to Remember!



3rd September 2015
Become a priority in your life.

I cooked my lunch yesterday, stir fry veggies in a sauce that I'd found in the cupboard and it was too peppery and spicy for my liking so I had to rethink lunch!  It would've been so easy to think sod it, especially as I was out of eggs and they're always my go to food, but nope instead I had the chicken biryani that's been in the freezer for months!  It was lovely too, one of those meals I'd bought and never got round to eating and turns out it's delicious, think we'll have the other half of the bag today, 10pp per portion, it'll save me thinking this morning, Thursday is after all my busy day, so no unnecessary thinking needed.  I reckon I can get to the bottom of the freezer this weekend possibly, then I want to have a go at Filling & Healthy next week, I need some good wholesome food in my life without having to track the ProPoints, egg and chips, a nice skinned cooked chicken in the slow cooker, maybe a beef stew, mmm nom nom roll on next week.

Actually let's continue this, then I'll have my meal plan at the ready, what are my favourite F&H meals;

Egg and chips
Beans on low calorie brown bread toasted
Bacon medallions, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans
Omelette
Smoked haddock, poached egg and slice low calorie brown bread toasted
Fish, mash and peas
Eggs in any form! Boiled, scrambled, dry fried poached.
Homemade soups
Jacket potatoes, couscous, brown rice, pasta as a base for a meal.
Homemade bolognaise with brown spaghetti
Homemade Cottage pie
Homemade beef burgers using less than 5% beef mince
Chicken breast with roasted veggies
Chicken and bacon salad
Homemade fish fingers (there's a recipe on WW esource)
Chicken casserole
Beef stew

There's actually lots of recipes on there, that have just caught my eye including Bacon and bubble, Balsamic onion and steak sandwiches, mmm need to stop looking I'm getting hungry!  But I'm seriously looking forward to getting some F&H in my life, need to get me a packet of WW petit pains from somewhere, I need those steak sandwiches in my life!

Yes, it's been a busy week, last week was too, so once we get to Sunday afternoon it'll get a little calmer for a couple of weeks and I can get some extra time to do a little planning, then a good shop to enable me to follow Filling & Healthy for a week, I'll start it Monday at the latest.  I think I might make a fish curry with that in the freezer, maybe fish and chips, oh decisions, decisions.

I have to say after taking my actifry into my meetings this week, I've fallen in love with it all over again, chip chunks cooked in there are just delicious and because the skin is left on the potato, they have added fibre, half the potatoes fibre is in the skin, along with other nutrients, the NHS suggests you should aim for 30g of fibre a day, fibre is only found in foods that come from plants. Foods such as meat, fish and dairy products don't contain any fibre.  So here's what types there are and what it does;

There are two different types of fibre – soluble and insoluble. Each type of fibre helps your body in different ways, so a normal healthy diet should include both types. Eating wholegrain cereals and plenty of fruit and vegetables helps to ensure both you are eating enough fibre.
Soluble fibre can be digested by your body. It may help to reduce the amount of cholesterol in your blood. If you have constipation, gradually increasing sources of soluble fibre – such as fruit and vegetables and oats can help soften!
Foods that contain soluble fibre include:
  • oats, barley and rye
  • fruit, such as bananas and apples
  • root vegetables, such as carrots and potatoes
Insoluble fibre can't be digested. It passes through your gut without being broken down and helps other foods move through your digestive system more easily. Insoluble fibre keeps your bowels healthy and helps prevent digestive problems.
Good sources of insoluble fibre include:
  • wholemeal bread
  • bran
  • cereals
Eating foods high in fibre will help you feel fuller for longer, which helps weight loss!
Now I've educated you on the usefulness of fibre, remember it's also important to make sure you drink plenty of fluid.  Aim for those 8 glasses a day, and remember the rhyme I once made up when trying to encourage my mom to drink water as well as eating the fibre; "one and one equals two, if you don't have the two, you ain't gonna poo!"  Poetic ain't I!
Right I'm off, I'm on the edge of rambling, let's make today Triumphant Tracking Thursday, I'm on day 3 of my new journal, only 80 days to go :) writing it down and being honest with myself is making a difference, it's helping me resist going that bit over the top, I'm not 100% within my allowance, but it is 100% tracked and healthy!
Have a great day BeYOUtiful x

 

 

 






No comments: