Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Focusing on the next 24 hours only!

19th August 2015
Don't think about what can happen in a month.  Don't think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.


I like this thought today, so many of us worry about the week ahead and that night out we've got planned or that meal we're going for and how we're going to cope, which is a good thing, you can't beat a bit of planning.   However if you get into that trap of thinking, oh well I can't stay on track this week, I have too much coming up and too many things going on, so I'll start again next week, that's not so great.  We should always focus on the day ahead and do what we can to get closer to where we want to be, because even if the weekend make take up a little backwards, if we've gone forward on the days we can, it's still better.  It's not just about weight loss remember, it's about healthy, looking after your body, taking care of yourself, giving yourself good nutritious food, plenty fruit and veg.  Not skipping meals because you're too busy or grabbing any old rubbish because you couldn't be bothered.

Those last two things are easy done aren't they!  I hadn't put any thought into my evening meal last night because I'd been so busy, so I just grabbed a couple of slices of bacon out of the fridge and threw them in a pan with some mushrooms and served them in a wrap.  Not the best, most nutritious meal in my personal opinion but it'll do and it could've been a heck of a lot worse!  My main downfall yesterday was lack of fruit and veggies, although I probably still had more than some, I managed,a handful of blueberries, 1/2 kiwi, spinach, 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple in my nutribullet drink on the morning, with lunch I had a corn on the cob and with tea mushrooms.  Not bad after all I guess, but I do like more veggies, I really notice the difference when I include them, and I have a thing about bread products, I need to stop buying them I think, especially not so great buying ones without any fibre, I bought Mission Deli light wraps because they were reduced to £1, they're tasty but they aren't filling at all, I find things like wholewheat rice or grains fill me up much more, or maybe I'm just needed more veggies with my wrap, or maybe it's just early in the morning and I'm waffling!

But waffling has made me realise I may not have been shopping but there is plenty of food down there to think up a more nutritious meal today, I want to use the other courgette too!  I could use it in a frittata maybe or possibly a curry!  A cheap curry, 

Jack Monroe's potato and courgette curry recipe 18pp total, serves 2 at 9pp each.
Costs  72p a portion 500g potatoes, diced, (10pp) 15p 2 tbsp oil, (8pp) 6p 2 fat cloves of garlic, finely chopped, 6p 1 onion, sliced, 10p 1 red chilli, finely sliced, or pinch of dried, 9p ½ tsp turmeric, 5p 1 tsp cumin, 10p Pinch of salt, 1p 400g chopped tomatoes, 35p 1 large courgette, 36p Few sprigs of fresh coriander, 10p

Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until cooked, but not tender. They should resist a fork slightly – you'll carry on cooking them later. Drain.
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and potatoes.
Add the spices and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes to soften the onions and crisp the edges of the potatoes.
Add the courgettes, pour over the tomatoes and simmer for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
Garnish with finely chopped coriander. Add a dollop of plain yoghurt if you want to cool it down for kids.

Jack's tips

Aloo dum more commonly uses peas than courgettes, so if you like, add a handful of frozen peas with the tomatoes.

The flavours will develop the longer this dish is left, so it's great for leftovers.
----
Now I'm never a fan of veggie curries I attempt to cook myself usually, but maybe it's something I need to master because I love veg and I love curry!   I might be sneaky and use a spice taylor sauce mix instead ;) It's almost the same!

Anyways I'm off, the skies lightening up and I've got a lot to do, my besties coming for lunch, I might save the curry for another meal, I don't want to poison her, thinking egg, chips and beans or salmon if there's any in the freezer, just going to look at what the freezer has on offer.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: