Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Like chips? We've got a plan for that!



17th February
Every day allow the space between where you are and where you want to be inspire you not terrify you!




Meals planned for a week, two weeks was just too far to think ahead, I did enjoy thinking about it though and I now have some meals to look forward to that I know I wouldn't be having had I not thought about it.  Our Chinese style dinner yesterday was great and full of fresh ingredients, it was much tastier than the take away chow mein I had last Tuesday that helped to stop me getting a weight loss.  I even had cheese on a jacket for my tea, nom nom. 

I've got beef stew ready for tea tonight and for lunch we're having salmon and rice.  All of the meals can be switched around if I don't fancy them on that day and it's pinned to the front of my fridge as a reminder.  Feeling positive and hopeful that I'm getting back on the weight loss wagon, the nearer to spring we get, the better I feel.

Oh it's national chip week if you didn't know, so I've added chips into my planner, I do love my actifry, but you don't need an actifry to make filling & healthy chips, all you need is potatoes and low calories cooking spray.  Just preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and cut into rectangular chips and place in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook for about 4 minutes, drain and leave for 10 mins to dry.  Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ''''rough up'''' the edges of the chips - apparently this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.  Spray a metal baking tray with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar. 
I have a mesh sheet that I use in the oven for baking things like chips, if you can get one of those, they're fab, had mine from home bargains I think.  They have them on Amazon
I also make quick wedges or chips by microwaving the spud till almost cooked, cutting  into wedges and whacking in the oven on full blast till they looked cooked! 

Oh I might have to have chips instead of rice with my salmon today now!  You can't beat chips for a delicious healthy meal as long as you cook them healthily and the beauty of the ProPoints plan is if you can't be doing with all that faffing, you can have oven chips for approx 5pp per 100g, McCain Rustic Oven Chips With Skins on 3% Fat or McCain Crinkle Cut Oven Chips 5% Fat are 4pp per 100g and Aunt Bessie's Homestyle Chips are 5pp for 150g according to the app!  You can even have McCains microchips for 5pp a box, mmm I have some of them in the freezer, that's lunch sorted, I'll only have to open packets, no cooking required because the salmons precooked too!  Oh I might steam some veggies to make it healthier still. 

Again if you want chip shop chips, on Weight Watchers you can, they work out at 7pp per 100g, so it's all about deciding how you want to spend your budget.

Well I've got smoked haddock for breakfast, really looking forward to that with a poached egg and I might add an English muffin for 4pp, not decided about that yet.  For I need to wash, dress and load my car ready for a week of weighing ;)

Have a tremendous Tuesday BeYOUtiful, let's have a whole week of wonderful.

No comments: