Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Isn't it great that you can eat cake!



10th February 2015
The cost of not following your heart is spending the rest of your life wishing you had.

I've just had 9 hours sleep, perfect and I'm hoping my bestie hasn't given me her lurgy germs because she looked absolutely dreadful yesterday!   


We still managed to enjoy our afternoon tea at Gluttons, Tettenhall, it was all very lovely, not the best I've had but good, I do like my sandwiches and they were delicious, as were the maple syrup and mustard sausages on sticks!   I'm not a big cake eater so I had a scone and I've eaten better.  I did notice some of the meals coming out to other people and it all looked very delicious. Our server was very attentive, and I think that was part of the problem, she was a little 'too' attentive, we're there to chat to eat other and eat cake, we'd have liked it all bought out together we agreed so that we didn't have to keep being interrupted and told what we were about to eat.  That's just us though, others may think differently!   Having said that they did sing happy birthday to Lynne and AnnMarie and give them a little cup cake with a candle in it which was lovely.  I think I can safely say, I ate my weeklies!   
We've decided we'd like to do afternoon tea again, so we'll be trying Cakes-A-Daisy, Cheslyn Hay next I think.  https://www.facebook.com/Cakesadaisy

So from today I shall be on track again, have a beef mince curry made in the fridge, results of the defrosted freezer the night before, I'm fancying salmon this week too I think, and I have to say the one thing I did realise yesterday is how delicious and satisfying the simple sandwich is!  I may make egg and mayo sandwiches for tea, then they'll be ready when I get back from work, I even have some white bread in my kitchen that I only buy when Lynne comes to stay.  That's today's menu sorted, ProPoints day it is then.  I fancy soup too, I have a tin of French onion soup I might have with my sandwich or a cup a soup.

If all this talk of afternoon tea has made you fancy a scone, remember you can, below is a recipe or if you want a ready made one, according to the Weight Watchers app, a Costa scone is 10pp, Asda Cafe sultana scone is 9pp, Starbucks plain or fruit one is 7pp but their berry scone is 12pp!  M&S cafe ones are 9pp.  I always say 14pp for scone with some butter or cream and a bit of jam, nom nom.   That's the beauty of Weight Watchers, you can eat cake!

Sultana scones – total 37pp (12 at 3pp each)

·         225g/8oz self raising flour (19pp)
·         pinch of salt
·         55g/2oz butter (12pp)
·         25g/1oz sultanas (2pp)
·         25g/1oz caster sugar (3pp)
·         150ml/5fl oz milk (1pp)
1.    Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2.    Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
3.    Stir in the sultanas, sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.
4.    Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
5.    Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
6.    Cool on a wire rack and for extra ProPoints you can serve with butter and jam and maybe some cream.

I might bake those for mom and have lemon curd on them!  Not today though, way too busy in the week for baking.

Here's to a week of wonderful weight loss on my scales, I'll be doing a collection too in meetings this week for St Albans Primary School, after the arson attack last week they're collecting things for a raffle to raise funds and I thought we could have a collection too, every penny will help. 

Have a great day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: