Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 November 2012

Oh Right! Really....

15th November 2012
Envy can be a positive motivator. Let it inspire you to work harder for what you want. Robert Bringle
Oh yes my Ogre has firmly been gagged, I’m not listening to her at all, actually gagging her seems to have given a voice to my positivity pal, she’s got all “yeah come on, we can do this”, if an external ogre said something yesterday to try and knock me off track she’s laughed in their faces and said “I’ll show you!”  Yes relentless, unstoppable Bev has turned her focus on a mission to lose a few pounds for Christmas!  The switch has been clicked and I love it when that happens and I get my mojo back, I love this feeling of determination you can’t beat it.
So what triggered it?  I’m not 100% sure, think it was a combination of things, firstly having a few wine free nights last week made me realise I can do that more often and that drinking wine had just become a habit.  Then I was a bit bored the weekend so I started looking for something to do that reminded me there more to life than eating/drinking!  Then on Tuesday one of my members Leanne posted her before and after photo on facebook and wrote;
“Just thought I’d be a bit vein and share as I am so damn proud of myself. From a size 16/18 the day I started in Feb to a 10/12. Still a little bit more to go.”
And I looked and thought WOW!  This was Leanne at her wedding this year too and I’m sure you’ll agree she looks stunning. 
Anyway just looking at her photos made me think how amazing she looked and I was showing one of my older members the photo last night as we were setting up and I joked how I look more like Leanne’s before photo at the moment but that my mission it to the like her after shot and bless her heart she looked at me with that look (you know the one!) and said, “Oh right” in that voice (you know the one!) Her entire body and voice was instantly interpreted by me as “IN YOUR DREAMS!”   I didn’t take offence, I’m quite thick skinned, it made me laugh but it also made me think of right “watch this space”.  So I’m just like to say thank you to the gorgeous Pauline for giving me that extra little push and this is my new screensaver on my phone so I don’t forget that look on her face and that tone in her voice!
NEVER let anyone tell you what you can or can’t do or who you can or can’t be, not a real person nor your inner ogre – YOU DECIDE YOUR FATE!
Yep I’m feeling more in the zone than I have in a long time, I’d like to thank Leanne for posting that photo, just seeming the confidence in her face and actually because I talk to her on a weekly basis so I know how happy she is and also how she’s enjoyed her journey, Leanne made us all laugh a few weeks ago when we were talking “activity” in the meeting and she told us she’d invested in an exercise bike and on a Friday night she’d sit in front of the tv cycling and drinking a Vodka & Tonic, now that’s how to lose weight ;-)
I’d also like to thank all of my members, they all help to motivate me on a daily basis, there’s nothing quite as fantastic and watching members DO IT, watching them gain confidence, get their smile back and just feel good about themselves.  I’m not saying that a lot of members didn’t already have the confidence and the smile before they lost weight because a large number of them did, but a large number don’t, their weight really does affect how they feel.  For me eating healthily and drinking sensibly affects how I feel not my size, so that’s what I need to remember and focus on.  And my members will continue to remind me, and my screensaver too of course.
Have a great day - it’s all about taking care of YOU! xx
 
 

No comments: