Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 November 2012

Get an attitude of gratitude!

23rd November 2013
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. F. Scott Fitzgerald
What’s with the weather, you do not expect to be hit by a flying bin on a Thursday afternoon, but it was a possibility yesterday, it was like something out of the Wizard of Oz!  Let’s hope it’s finished with because I fancy a trip to Birmingham today and I don’t want to go if it’s torrential and horrid!
So yesterday was Thanksgiving in America, this time last year I was in New York having a fab time, we watched the Thanksgiving Macy’s Day Parade and I was thankful to my friends for standing there patiently with me (even though they were cold and a little bored) to watch one of my dreams come true, it was amazing. So what are you thankful for? Sometimes it’s a great question to ask yourself, especially when you’re having a lousy day.
So Greg Wallace of Master Chef fame declared his love of Weight Watchers earlier in the week and now Patsy Kensit, she’s lost 3 stone with us which is fab.  Now it was mentioned yesterday that it would be nice to see members who have lost more weight in our advertising and we do agree, unfortunately it is a legal requirement, there are very strict laws around featuring members who have lost weight and so Weight Watchers (and all weight loss organisations) have to comply within the given law.  If you’re a bit of a geek like me, you can read about it here section 12.11 of the following explains this - not sure how Lighter Life managed to get away with it!
Losing weight – however much isn’t easy and whether you have 5lb or 50lb or 5 stone to lose, Weight Watchers is a great place for re-educating yourself, for learning how to eat healthily.  I remember when I first joined Weight Watchers I was about 18 and I only had a few pounds to lose but I didn’t want to end up with my moms weight problem, so thought that by doing something about it I wouldn’t, however I didn’t last because I felt like a fraud, I was given the side eye by quite a few people who were obviously thinking what is she doing here!   I often tell my members never to assume the slim lady in the queue doesn’t need to be there, she may be similar to how I was back then and just need re-educating or she may have lost weight and now be maintaining her goal.  On a Thursday morning I have over 30 gold members weigh in each week, they are all at a healthy BMI so look like they don’t need to be at a Weight Watchers meeting but they’ve all lost weight.
Yes we’ve all got our own reasons for being there, everyone has a story, you just can’t always see it.  I’ve loved my meetings this week, we’ve had a giggle but also come up with some great ideas for how to cope over Christmas.  I was super impressed with everyone coming out in that weather last night, I couldn’t believe how wet some had got just walking from the car!
I’m sat here wondering why I’ve been awake since 4.30am on my day off, my body clock is a joke sometimes, but I’m not tired so I’m listening to it and going to take advantage by getting my paperwork done out of the way.
It’s Friday, and the weekend is almost upon us, remember it’s not Christmas yet so let’s stay focused and on track.  You’re taking care of you, not just losing weight!
 
 
 
 

No comments: