Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 30 November 2012

Feed me!

30th November 2012
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
 
Good morning in this last cold day of November, and it is a chilly one, just turned my pc whilst singing, “good morning, good morning, we’ve danced the whole night through”, yes I’m turning into my mother for sure!  Anyway I digress, I turned the pc on and smiled when I saw this story
on my yahoo home page, (yes I’m a yahoo not a google girl, always have been, always will be, far superior search engine – in my opinion!)  how fabulous is that, an entire day free from violent crime in such a huge city, and murder down 23% from last year, that can only be good news.  This time last year I’d just got back from New York, and I have to say I never felt unsafe whilst there, it’s such a busy place you never seem able to be ‘alone’ so it’s difficult to feel scared.
Anyway I’m putting off telling you all the scales weren’t very nice to me yesterday 4lb on!  It’s take me 12 weeks to lose 5lb and then I put four of it back on it a week – oops!  There just hasn’t been enough food on the planet to satisfy me this week, I’m not sure if it’s the cold weather, my hormones or the full moon but I’ve been ravenous all week.  The scales made me realise yesterday I have to sort the appetite out so I aimed for filling and healthy foods, I ignored my mind telling me I didn’t like porridge and weighed me out 30g (3pp) which I poured milk on and chopped a banana in, I like it raw not cooked and I actually do like porridge, my mind has been lying to me because it wanted toast!  And it kept me going till lunchtime easily, don’t get me wrong I still WANTED to eat other stuff but I wasn’t hungry my belly was full and it did help me resist.  For lunch I had Salmon (7pp), veggies and smoked brown rice (6pp), it wasn’t meant to be smoked I burnt it and wasn’t starting again so ate the good bit ;-) quite nice actually, I’d cooked the rice in a couple of chicken oxo cubes to give it a bit of added flavour.  Bless Di (my Thursday night member) she made me a delicious 7pp tea, a beef hot pot thing which was 7pp and I had it with about 3pp of leftover rice.  I did succumb to a couple of slice of nimble white bread with WW spread and wafer thin ham which was about 4pp so not the best day but a damn sight better than it has been.  The whole day would have been F&H if it hadn’t been for my hotpot, but it’s shown me there’s another option and I wouldn’t ridiculously overeat if I tried the odd F&H day, so maybe I will!
I’ve just realised I’ve been doing blogging for just over 4 years, I looked back out of curiosity to see what I was doing on the other November 30th, in 2008 I was spending the weekend at a Buddhist Monastery!  In 2009 I was sorting and tidying my office – some things never change do they! And on three of them I had a stinky cold, so that’s a bonus this year, fingers crossed I ain’t got a cold!
All give mention to tomorrow being the start of advent, so why break tradition, have you got your calendar ready – does it have chocolate in, if you do and you want to be golden and ProPoint them, look on the back for the weight, every 100g will be roughly 15pp, work out the entire thing and either take it out of your weekly allowance this week or divide it by 3 and take a bit out of your weeklies every week for the next three weeks!
Last night one of my gorgeous members got to goal and said she was going home to destroy her weighing in dress, I thought that was fabulous, she’s wore that dress every week whilst losing the weight so what a fantastic symbolic gesture!
On that note I’m off to make a brew, it’s freezing here this morning and I need warming up.
Take care of you xx
 

No comments: