Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 26 July 2012

Trying to sort myself out '-)

26th July 2012

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck
It feels a little cooler this morning, you’ve got to love the British weather it goes from wet and cold for weeks to 29 degrees overnight, Wednesday I burnt my hand on my steering wheel when I went to go out, so a little breeze today, my busiest day is nice.
Today’s the day my ears will ring, kids are off school so this morning will have quite a few, but in fairness it’s not the kids that make the most noise, it’s their moms ;0), they are so glad to see their friends and have a chat, everyone’s all talking at once which makes for a lot of noise, it’s a lovely vibe though and I always enjoy Thursdays and finish the week on a high.

I feel asleep in my chair last night watching Superstar, don’t normally stay up after ten if I’m honest, getting up at 5am every day kinds of makes ten 10pm sound really late, but the last couple of weeks whilst moms been poorly she’s been going half hour or so before and it’s been nice to have that time to myself to just sit, I think that’s how you moms must feel when the kids finally go to bed.  I also now understand what you mean when you tell me that’s when you get the munchies, I don’t think it’s because you’re hungry, it’s more because there’s no one there and you can sit, relax and enjoy it.  it’s like a treat in the calmness that has been your day.
WELL I’ve got to stop that malarkey, I’ve got enough habits without causing myself another one ;-) So I shall be making myself go to bed next week on work nights at 9ish as always and I might try reading in bed instead because I’ve downloaded a book I really want to read and haven’t had time to.  That’s a much better habit to get into, 15-30 minutes reading in bed instead of 15-30 minutes of eating before bed!

Those bad habits are like comfy beds, way to easy to get into but damn hard to get back out of!  I do not need any more bad habits in my life ;0)
Routines work for me, if I can get into the routine of doing the same thing at the same time each day, then it becomes a habit in time, so my new one is the washing up, when I get up and I’m waiting for the kettle to boil I wash the dishes from the night before.  I know some of you are wincing at the fact I’ve left them since the night before, but you know what, I’ve worked from 8am till gone 8pm, just about managed to force myself to cook something, and there’s no way I’m washing up too, I need to sit and chill. I’m going to get into the habit of hovering through the house on a Monday afternoon I think when I’ve got the most energy, I’ll have had the weekend to recover from my work week, I go to work on Monday morning then start on my paperwork, so I can fit in hovering the house.

I bet you full time moms are laughing at me aren’t you, you do this stuff automatically and feed the kids and the husband, and a lot of you go to work.  Well I don’t care, ‘0) it’s all new to me, I’ve never been a tidy domesticated person, I’ve always been of the belief dull women have tidy houses, and if I’m honest I only ever said that to make myself feel a little better for being a slob.  But I actually want a tidy house now so it’s different, I actually caught myself in the bathroom yesterday looking round thinking, “I must clean the bath and tidy this room up”. What the hell is happening to me!  On the bright side, think of all the extra activity I’m doing and the Activity ProPoints I’m earning – tis nice.
My veggie stir fry for 3pp last night was delicious, I didn’t finish within my allowance yet again, I’m just gonna get through the week as best as I can, I know my weight is going up on the scales, but I’m too distracted to focus enough on it.  I can’t afford to go and fill my fridge full of lots of healthy stuff, but luckily what is in my house is good as long as I eat the proper portions and stick with the three meals a day option!  Having a house full of good food, isn’t gonna make you lose weight if you’re eating too much of it!  So I will continue to eat as well as I can until I click back and get on track. 

I had scrambled tofu and roasted mushrooms for breakfast yesterday, I used to eat that all the time when I was a vegan – I must have been really hungry that’s all I can say because the tofu wasn’t very nice!  Back to toast or porridge today I reckon.
Have a fabulous day, they’ve said the weather will last till the weekend now which would be good. x


No comments: