Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 July 2012

Free to good home a dog & a mom ;)

27th July 2012

What you are is what you have been. What you'll be is what you do now. Buddha

Woke up feeling good this morning, this is the most energetic I’ve felt on a Friday in a long time, I was the same yesterday, so that’s a bonus, I think it might have something to do with the Vitamin B6 tablets the doctor prescribed for my PMS, apparently these are the benefits of the Vitamin B5
Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine hydrochloride, is essential for the breakdown of food by the body, and turning carbohydrates, proteins and fat into energy. It’s also needed for the production of neurotransmitters (chemical messengers in the nervous system) and proper functioning of the nervous system and the immune system. It’s also involved in the synthesis of hormones and red blood cells.

Vitamin B6 supplements are often taken for a variety of reasons, including to help:
  • Fight stress
  • Increase energy
  • Manage symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome
Vitamin B6 occurs naturally in poultry, fish, pork, cereals, eggs, vegetables and fruit.
That’ll do me, if I can start to feel like this at weekends again and get through my monthlies feeling better, I’ll be a very happy lady!  I’ve missed being active at weekends, and just wanting to laze around, but this morning, I’ve already cleaned the kitchen, I’m going to do the bathroom next, they’re the tasks I’ve set myself for today, still got paperwork to do, then a little housework, then later today my mates coming over with her kids so we can chill a bit and have a giggle, I’ll bribe the kids with money to behave because I’m really good with kids, they understand me ;)

We’ve had a great week in meetings, 39 stone total weight loss, 3 members to goal, Katy got her 5 stone goal, all absolutely amazing achievements, lots of silver sevens, 5 & 10%, it’s great to see so much success on our first hot week of the year, especially as I heard the words ‘BBQ’ and ‘Alcohol’ a lot at the scales!

One question I got asked was, “well what can I eat at a bbq?” the answer would be anything as long as it’s within your allowance!  There’s a BBQ cheat sheet on the Weight Watchers website if you’re on esource and have the monthly pass, there’s also lots of articles http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=11751&sc=3027.   Some lower pointed options would include making your own burgers, maybe using turkey mince, having chicken breast or steak instead of sausages. Why not make kebabs, alternative, chicken, peppers, onions, etc on skewers.  And to top it all off what about a glass of Sangria so you can pretend you’re in Spain!

Serves 6, 1pp per glass or 7pp for the lot!
takes approx 20 mins

200ml red wine (5pp)
200ml orange juice (2pp)
1pt/568ml diet lemonade
1 large orange, sliced
2 limes, sliced
4oz/113g strawberries, hulled and halved

Half-fill a large pitcher with ice cubes, then pour in the wine, orange juice and diet lemonade. Add the fruit, stir, and then allow to chill for 10-15 minutes. Serve in chilled glasses, sit back and enjoy.
Ooo that sounds perfect doesn’t it, I might give that a try myself, I have a bottle of red I know won’t taste fantastic when I open it so I’d be happy to make it into sangria, that’s a to do over the weekend I thinks for sure.

Right Alfies fidgety and moms being dramatic so I need to go, have a fabulous Friday xx

No comments: