Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 11 February 2011

February 11th 2011 todays email

We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same. Carlos Castaneda
Well I didn’t stop yesterday, I had about an hour in the house from 7.30am-8pm, and I somehow managed to use it wisely and make myself an omelette for lunch, how I managed to stop myself overindulging yesterday is beyond me, but I did and I’m very pleased with myself. Let’s hope I’m rewarded on the scales on Monday. I’ve got a busy weekend planned work though not play and I’m hoping this will help me stay on track, setting up a computer doesn’t thrill me I have to say but it’s got to be done! Then I have a mammoth work task to do, hey ho, I’m also getting to have lunch with the ladies and I’m out Sunday for lunch too so there’s some rest in the too.

Finally worked out the ProPoints in a Donor Kebab yesterday and the ones from the chippy on Stubby Lane work out to approximately 30pp including pitta but not including sauces, a chicken meat kebab is approximately 16pp and their chips for a regular portion was 38pp. Mmm not sure if I’d eat those anymore, I think I’d personally rather have a Big Mac for 13pp and a large portion of French fries for 13pp, 26pp total is a better option for me than a Donor Kebab and chips for 68pp!

If you would like to receive motivational texts from me make sure that your mobile number is on your membership card in the meeting next week.

I’ve received my copy of the new Weight Watchers cookbook “Oriental Express” which is due in meetings soon, as you can imagine there’s some fabulous alternatives to your Weigh Day Take Away in there, such as plum & sweet chilli beef kebabs, chicken and vegetable samosas, Thai burgers, spicy beef and lots more, so to get you in the mood here’s a chow mein recipe to save you pounds from your purse and pounds on the scales!

Simplified Chicken Chow Mein – serves 4
(35 total) 9pp per serving

150g (5oz) cooked chicken (cut into thin strips) (5pp)
1 tbsp oil (4pp)
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp chopped garlic
½ lb dried egg noodles (25pp)
Bean sprouts (1 handful)
½ small onion (sliced)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (1pp)

Cook noodles by soaking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until soft to touch. Clean wok, heat wok until hot and slightly smoky. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.

Now add the bean sprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.

Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.

Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in.


So I’ve got to get on, lots to do before lunch with the ladies xx

No comments: