Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 8 February 2021

Happy Monday

Monday 8th February 2021
Don't save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.


Bloody hell, this lockdown is tough,




My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 24/1/21 - 189lb
I've already lost - 11lb 
Yesterday I stepped 8916 times 
I covered 3.79 miles 
I burned calories  

I consumed loads of delicious calories
I was active for 72 minutes 
I slept 7 hours 27 mins
 

#walk1000miles challenge - Total YTD = 3.79 left to walk = 863.07


My 3 good things;

1) Team zoom, really lifted me as I'd had a tough few hours with mom

2) Looking through my photos of my trips to Nepal.

3) My Sunday walks with Alfie & planning my travels when I can go 

 

🦉

 

I realised I live my life hour by hour rather than day by day yesterday and this is because mom might be wonderful in the morning, then have a bad hour, calm down again, then go vile, I've learned to live in the now, not dwell on what's gone and not think about what is to come.  She's definitely having a bad month so far overall and sometimes she improves but other months when this happens she doesn't.  She's started to not know who I am more and more but overall I'll like her comfort blanket, she doesn't want me to go anywhere.  Yesterday though she was okay with me walking the dog.  It's so difficult to explain and overall it's bloody horrid for her.  Looking through all my photos of our trip to Nepal together for her 60th, it bought back such wonderful memories of just one of the most incredible trips we have had.  When I showed her a couple of photos, she couldn't remember, so that saying, 'they can't take your memories' is absolutely bittersweet because actually Alzheimers and Dementia can! 

I'm going to look up a few of our other travels this week, mom used to keep diaries, I might start reading them!  Or do I leave them lol, I might not like what's in them.

What makes your heart sing?  Mine has always been being outsides, having adventures.  There is nothing more exhilarating to me that walking a path I've never walked before, not knowing what's round the corner, I absolutely adore it.  I remember mom and I doing it in Scotland once, we went for a walk from the cottage, we had a map and we'd walked so far that the map ended! Eek, not the best map reader, I'm the first to admit, we knew we were walking up a hill so assumed we could go down the other side, how wrong we were, we ended up having to walk back the way we'd come otherwise we'd have fell to our deaths!  It was an amazing day though, we were out a good 12 hours.  Oh good times. 

Even the thought of that makes me smile and feel energised.  This weekend is Valentines so how about we make the entire week about Self Love.  Spend some time thinking about what makes you tick, after all so much has been put on hold right now, it'll be good to even just think about those things.  How can we do similar things in these Covid times? 

Do you enjoy quality time maybe with your loved one/s or by yourself?  No matter where you are, you can sit and enjoy the sunrise or sunset, remember if you go for a walk the sky is always glorious, so look up more - just beware of lamp posts!  Together could be as simple as a move night or a family meal talking about how you are all feeling. 






Other Self-love suggestions to help you stay motivated and to help us get through this lockdown, is positive thinking, a great way of improving the thoughts in your head is to start with affirmation, speak them out loud daily, stick positive words on post-it notes around the house, you could even make photo frames with them in and have them in the bathroom like this; 


I think I need to do this today as mom's behaviour is really testing me right now, I need a week full of positivity coming from somewhere. 

You could write yourself a loving letter, I love this idea too, for me it would be a letter about how much fun I'm going to have in the future alone and with my friends.

Keep a gratitude jar, I actually have a large glass cookie jar that would be ideal for this and I think it had mom's treats written on the front, I could use it to write my wonderful memories of mom and pop them in the jar so when we're having a bad hour, I could pic one out.  You could do the same for your life or family when they're driving you nuts. 

Remind yourself of your dreams by making a vision board.  This is so much fun, I might do this too, I spent yesterday looking through web pages at cottages in Pembrokeshire and walking paths, maybe I do a vision board of my walking plan!  Nice.  

Create an inspirational quotes board on Pinterest!  This is a nice quick and easy way to do a vision board too.

Talk about your passions with others.  Even virtually, sharing my photos yesterday make others smile as well as myself. 

There's some ideas for today, there are so many more.  Today I'm going to work all morning I'll finish about 4, I've got an Alfie to walk too, so it'll be after 4 before I settle but I'm definitely going to think about the gratitude jar and vision board.  Planning Pembrokeshire will certainly pass the time, it did yesterday anyway, I looked at some amazing cottages, and re visited some I've stayed in before. 

I'm taking the focus off food this February, I have far too much going on with mom, so I'm going to enjoy delicious food and not stress or worry about the calorie content of things.  

Here's to a cracking good day all round for all of us.  Have a good one xx

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x

No comments: