Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 3 February 2024

Bring on the weekend.

 Saturday 3rd February 2024


Another day in the bag, starting day 34 and I'm really enjoying being on track and enjoying my meals.  Hell I had pie for tea last night and a fry up for breakfast and I didn't get heartburn - that is amazing and it's because overall my intake isn't too much!

A busy day because despite being in crazy pain, I gave my kitchen a good tidy and rearranged it a bit so we have some room on the worktops, it looked so nice when I got up this morning although, my cats aren't their normal selves so I didn't get my usual welcome.  I'm assuming it was the injection they had yesterday at the vets, Coco didn't even come to get his food, I took it to him and he ate a bit but he hid away all day yesterday and did the smelliest poo where Minnie who is usual the one who stays just far enough away from us to keep a distance sat next to me all day.  Hopefully once it's gone through them they'll both be okay.

Back to food :) this was my breakfast well it was brunch really cos we didn't have it till half eleven, 

I left one of the slices of bread it was actually a crust sliced in half but I still left one, those sausages were really high in calories but damn they were good, so good I actually ate a third on as a snack - oops, all tracked though.  

That kept me going all day, I had an apple on the afternoon but nothing till dinner time when we had this, 
 

I have to say that's the best pie I had from a shop, almost as good as my sisters, not quite but damn tasty.  You also enjoy food more when you're actually hungry I've noticed. 

They were my meals, then there's activity, I managed a walk with Aryn also it was the hardest one yet because of the pain down my leg, I stopped more than usual but we still managed half hour, the pace is slower because of stopping but it's over the mile. 
 

I took Aryn to the gym to have his induction, I just did some stretches whilst he had the tour, I couldn't have done anything else, not yesterday.  I covered some steps again and burned 2,403 calories hopefully at some point the pain levels will lower.



I'd asked for the results regarding my MRI scan, they came yesterday, I thought by having them I could look into exercises relevant to my issues, it mentions the spondylolisthesis, arthrosis (means osteoarthritis once I googled) plus 'posterior broad based disc contributing to suspicious compression of the exiting left L5 nerve and suspicious impingement/irritation of the exiting right L5 nerve.'  NO SHIT SHERLOCK that'll be why I'm in pain.  The report ends with 'recommend spinal opinion' well that will have to wait as I'm on a 53 week waiting list.  

I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared, my biggest fear has always been not being able to walk and take care of myself and this doesn't get completely better, so I've got to do everything I can to make sure it doesn't get worse.  

I will do everything in my power to improve my situation as the image at the top of the pages says you are entirely up to you!  I know I can't perform miracles but I can help myself by continuing with what I'm doing. 

Once we settled in front of the tv, we starting watching Mr & Mrs Smith a new Prime series, enjoyable if a little slow to get going, we watched a couple then had an early night.

Oh himself went to get his ear sorted, he's finally been given antibiotics but the doctor said it isn't just an inner ear infection, there's fluid behind the ear drum, so he has to go back in a month if the antibiotics don't work, he'll have to have an operation!  So glad we went to that hearing place and paid the £30 to have them checked!

Looking forward to this mornings huddle, might even nip to the gym with Aryn later, if he's not shattered from his induction :) 

Pizza's on the menu today I think, as long as they're happy to eat that, although they rarely disagree!  I have apple pie too which we'll have as pudding.  If we eat earlier, that'll be my lunch/dinner combined. 

I'm gonna go check on Coco, he never leaves food, poor lad. 

Have a great day, 

luv ya 


Love me xx 

No comments: