Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 9 February 2024

Another loss - it works when you do it!

 Friday 9th February 2024

Another loss, that's another 4lb of pressure off my back and knees, 104lb of pressure in total for the 26lb :) 

A busy day but I managed to finish on track, for breakfast I had a banana, apple and clementine, check me out with 3 of my 5 in the bag before 9am!  

lunch was late at 2.30pm so I was really hungry by then, had egg and beans on toast spread with cheese triangles, followed by a packet of crisps that have been in the kitchen drawer for months, they've gone now, total calories 646. 

Dinner was this beauty, I'd definitely make it again, recipe at bottom of blog but like I've said before if you've never tried HelloFresh it's work it for the 65% off first box, plus 25% off for 10 weeks, even if you cancel after the first box, use my link and I get credit too.

   

We loved it, I've already added the sauce to my shopping list so we can have it again another day!  

That was my food day, my work day was as good as it always is I also drove over to Jessica's boutique to pick up a couple of tops I'd seen on Facebook, we had a chat before I drove home, I was shattered when I got home on the night, once we'd had dinner, I went to bed at 8, I was asleep by quarter past and the cats woke me up at 5 this morning, so I got up and did my physio. 

It's my day off today, I've already started the housework, I'm giving the living room a deep clean as I've lost 2 jigsaw pieces, found one of them already, here's hoping I find the other one! 

I'm going to have a chill out day I think, Aryn's got a stinking cold so he can keep his distance, I'm thinking a bit of cooking, start a new jigsaw, get the house looking lovely for when himself gets back, sounds like a perfect plan.  The weather hardly screams come out for a walk!

Here's to a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

Speedy Chicken Noodles

with Green Beans and Bell Pepper

Preparation Time 20 min Feeds 4, Calories 551 kcal

 

250 grams Egg Noodle Nest 

520g Diced Chicken Breast

2 peppers

150 grams Green Beans

1 Lime

100g Ketjap Manis (50mm Soy Sauce 

30g Honey

4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup

 

 

Cook the Noodles

a) Boil a full kettle. Trim the green beans, then cut into thirds.

b) Pour the boiled water into a saucepan on high heat with 0.25 tsp salt.

c) Add the noodles and cook until tender, 4 mins.

d) Once cooked, drain in a sieve and run under cold water to stop them sticking together.

 

Fry the Chicken

a) Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan on high heat.

b) Once hot, add the diced chicken and green beans.

c) Fry, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.

 

Prep Time

a) Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.

b) Cut the lime into wedges (see ingredients for amount). 

 

Bring on the Veg

a) Once the chicken is browned, add the sliced pepper to the chicken pan.

b) Stir-fry for 4-5 mins more.

 

Sauce Things Up

a) Stir the cooked noodles into the pan along with the ketjap manis, soy sauce, honey and ketchup (see pantry for amount). TIP: If your honey has hardened, pop it in a bowl of hot water for 1 min.

b) Squeeze in some lime juice from a lime wedge and stir-fry until everything's piping hot and the chicken is cooked through, 2-3 mins more. IMPORTANT: The chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.

c) Add a splash of water if you feel it needs it.

 

Finish and Serve

a) When your stir-fry is ready, share between your bowls.

b) Serve with the remaining lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.

Enjoy!

 




No comments: