Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 1 June 2020

Me dramatic? Not a bit!

Monday 1st June 2020 
Nothing will work unless you do.



I'm sat here amazed this morning, I've got to admit for the first time in a long time the scales have surprised me, I was seriously expecting to gain another 2lb on top of the 2lb I gained last week, but I've only gone and maintained!  That's really made me feel more positive and that I can get back on some kind of track, yesterday I was just saying I should JUST DO IT JUNE, today I actually feel I can do it.  

I was lying in bed this morning, unexcited about the day ahead, yesterday was a difficult one with mom, I try not to think negative before I even start my day but meh, I was thinking that and oh ma'an I gotta start following the plan too lol, but now I've seen I've maintained it's really motivated me to do this, a few more tweaks here and there over the month and it won't be so difficult and I'll enjoy it once I get started, I do like a project after all. 


I'm going to check what shopping I need this morning, it'll mostly be fruit, yes I'm sat here eating satsumas and apples and running out - hah I never run out of fruit, I usually throw it out, that's if I even buy it in the first place!  I can almost say, I'm even starting to enjoy it a little, who knew that was possible.  Might buy the making of the garlic chicken recipe too, after posting it in my group yesterday, it made me fancy it, 

Garlic chicken curry
💙9sp per serving, serves 2
10 minutes prep time, plus marinating. Cook time 20 minutes

Small bunch fresh coriander
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2tsp garam masala
1tbsp mango chutney
2 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
100g basmati rice
2 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yogurt

Cut most of the stalks from the coriander and set the leaves aside. Finely chop the stalks and mix with the garlic, garam masala, chutney and a pinch of salt to form a paste.
Using a sharp knife, cut small slashes in each chicken fillet then flatten them slightly. Spread over the paste and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok and fry the onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chicken and marinade and turn to coat in the onions. Fry for 6-8 minutes, turning the chicken and stirring regularly. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Chop the coriander leaves and stir half of them into the sauce.


Meanwhile cook the rice to pack instructions, and mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt.
Serve the curry with the rice and coriander yogurt.


Nom nom, I know members who've also just thrown it all in the slow cooker and it's worked out.

Okay, what does Just Do It June look like in reality, well for me, it's going to include a lot less wine, not no wine at all but less.  Continuing to drink the water and eat the fruit.  Work at having lower pointed meals and when I buy something that feeds two, freezing or saving the other half for another meal if mom doesn't want any.

It's also about realism and listening to my thoughts, then taking charge of them, again yesterday's virtual workshop set me up for the week, it's all about that and having a bit of a chat with Amy before we got started she pointed out I'd already had those unhelpful thoughts just before going on the workshop and I spiralled over them.  The conversation with my bestie via messenger went something like this; 

V "Plan a 0SP breakfast and possibly lunch as me & Kelly are coming round with goodies Monday."

Now this was where my unhelpful thoughts kicked in immediately, I knew they were planning on coming and bringing cake for mom, I hadn't planned on partaking in any of that as I've decided I'm doing Just Do It June, I can't start off with messing up the first day for fk sake,  now what am I gonna do.  Oh but hold on, it's cake I can live without cake, it's something I am able to resist, I'll be okay.

My reply;

"I don't eat cake anyways"

Oh wait for it, this was V's response and I loved and hated her all at once lol. 

V "Well guess what I know you & haven't bought u cake"

Oh bugga, I love that lady because she knows me so well but now I'm panicking even more because I said I'd start tomorrow and this is going to mess it all up, what am I gonna do, I'm never gonna get back on track, what's the bloody point.  I'm not willing to not meet up with friends for ever so I can lose weight, is any of this worth it. blah blah blah blah and so on and on!  I finally reply; 

"Can it be pointed as I really need to get on track, I can't keep gaining weight."

I got a thumbs up reply over 3 hours later lol, if I know V as well as she knows me, she could tell without me writing that I was being over dramatic, plus she'd gone out so I'll let her off.  But just for the record V, I bloody hate the thumbs up thing on Facebook, it's almost as bad a K on a text message ;0)

There is a great example of unhelpful thoughts, thanks to chatting with Amy, I got a grip, used the techniques we talked about in the virtual and realised I can enjoy whatever V and Kelly have bought me and still get a weight loss, plus getting on the scales this morning has proven I can maintain with having treats so.... Let's just do it in June and stop being dramatic Bev (yeah I'm now talking to myself in a blog, what can I say, I've not had a lot of human contact this last few months!)

Anyways, I leave you there, I've got to sort my shopping and get ready for my walk with V later, here's to Day 1 of June, I'm looking forward to this month and focusing on me. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x  







No comments: