Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 9 February 2018

Everything's better with an egg!


9th February 2018
Life is short – lick the spoon!

Here I am, 5am sat in my woolly hat in the cold wishing the week away because I want my boiler back, I miss my heating and hot water, being cold sucks!  I’m desperately trying to look for the positives and they are there but they’re not making me feel better about the temperature.  I’m grateful that I know this is a temporary situation, there are folk out there who sleep outside on the streets, I’m blessed to have a roof over my head and food in my belly.  I’m still not loving the temperature in my house though, I’m not going to pretend.

I am quite pleased that I managed 3 healthy meals yesterday, stayed out of the chippy on the way home which amazed me and I enjoyed every meal too.  I’ve remembered I love rice, need to eat that more often.   Here’s how you can eat deliciously within your daily allowance,

Breakfast – 4sp
Egg, chicken breast sausage, slice seeded bread, mushrooms & tomatoes

Dinner – 6sp
Chicken coated with wholegrain mustard and agave syrup, roasted butternut squash, asparagus and sundried tomato rice.


Tea – 9sp
Sundried tomato rice, mushrooms, asparagus, chorizo, olives topped off with a dry fried egg.

 It was good without an egg, it was mega with one!

I’m taking it one day at a time, my hope is one good tweak will lead to another and before I know it, I’ll be back in control and completely on track.  Just like the ripple effect created by a pebble in a pond, the ‘ripple’ effect of making tweaks and small changes will I’m sure have the same effect on my life.  Something as simple as starting my day with a pint of water rather than a mug of tea, puts me in a healthy frame of mind. 

Did you know a pint of water is also great at any time of day if you’re feeling super tired, yep so is taking a walk to stretch your legs. 

It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by it all when you’re trying to not just stay in control of your life but you’re trying to get your healthy back too, it can all feel a bit too much (or is that just me!)  What I try to do when I’m feeling like that is ask myself, ‘what one thing can I do today that will help me get a bit of that healthy back’, then where my overwhelming life is concerned, I ask, ‘what’s the one thing I could get done today that would make me feel a little more in control of the madness that is my life’.  Some days the answer is nothing, just sit down, relax and recognise that it’s okay to put everything on hold, most things will wait.  Breathe, it’s all gonna be okay.

My mission this week is just to make it to Saturday night when my boiler should be working, I want to sit on my chair in front of the tele with the heating on full blast!  Sunday I want to clean up, give my house a good tidy.  Then Monday maybe get my cook on.  Of course in-between all that, I do plan to do some relaxing too.
Today though, I’ve got a busy day, I’m at an area meeting tomorrow afternoon so I’ve got to fit my Saturday stuff into Friday.

I will have an on track day though, eggs for breakfast I reckon, there’s food in the freezer I can grab if I need to, I can stay in control – we all can.

Let’s do this, over 200 stone lost on my scales in 2018 is proof YOU GOT THIS!

Enjoy your Friday BeYOUtiful!





No comments: