Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 June 2016

June-uary Challenge, Day 2...



2nd June 2016
Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.  Judy Garland


Well I'm just loving that you're embracing June-uary, I was tagged in so many photos of water and I loved that you were using those infruition bottles with the fruit in, I think I might need one of those in my life myself, I am a fan of a good old fashioned glass of tap water though, I'm sat here with one and a mug of hot water too. 

What's today's challenge you're thinking aren't you, I'm keeping it simple this early on, today is all about the 5 a day, or 8 at least if you already easily have your 5 a day.  Stop for a moment and do the maths, what fruit and/or veg was included in your diet yesterday?  So mine was;

Mushrooms
Onions
Pepper
Asparagus
Apple
Banana
Tomato
Watercress
Sweetcorn
Peas

Ooo 10 go me :) Now when I asked members yesterday some hadn't had any at all, so this is an important one.  Water is really important, to put it simply all living things must have water to survive, without it, your body would stop working properly.

Why fruit and vegetables?
Fruit and vegetables are part of a healthy, balanced diet and can help us stay healthy. Evidence shows there are significant health benefits to getting at least five 80g portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day. That's five portions of fruit and veg in total, not five portions of each. 

Here's five reasons to eat five portions of fruit and veg
  • Fruit and vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
  • They're an excellent source of dietary fibre, which can help to maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
  • They can help to reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
  • Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy, balanced diet.
  • Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there's so much variety to choose from.
When you read those reasons, it's a no-brainer isn't it, frozen or fresh is just as good, so let's get focusing on making our day colourful.  I always try to have some kind of vegetable with each meal so usually it's mushrooms or tomato with breakfast, baked beans count as one of your five a day too you know!  Then salads are great on the side of a lot of meals, I have my favourite veggies, so I think I need to get a bit more variety.  Fruit isn't my thing, but I've been making myself have an apple every day for the last week, and I'm getting used to it, they're now on my desk so it reminds me.  I've also got some mangos in the fruit basket as they were only 59p in lidls (bargain).  You can put tinned mandarins or similar in a jelly, that's an easy way to eat them. Ooo I'm going to have an orange today I think, I have some big ones in the kitchen.  Yeah that's on my to eat list.
I did No Count yesterday, slowly getting back on it, I wasn't perfect I had a packet of Tomato Brushetto and a bit of cheese but otherwise it was all No Count (except my glass of wine!) so breakfast was a rosti thing, I grated a potato then microwaved it for a minute or two to speed up the cooking time, then I fried it with spray light and bacon medallions and had it with tomato and an egg.  For my dinner I had minced beef 5% (it was reduced in Asda) I dry fried it with onions, asparagus and chestnut mushrooms, a couple of oxo cubes and a bit of Worcestershire sauce, then I put a few spoons in a couple of Weight Watcher wraps and cooked it on my George Foreman.  Tea was eggy crumpets, slice down the middle (lengthways) I put 1/2 blue cheese triangle in the middle of each and some boiled ham, them I soaked them in egg mixture before dry frying mmm, had them with a bit of salad and water cress, yep enjoyed my No Count day.  Here's to another day, I'm thinking beans on crumpets for breakfast with an egg on the top, mmmm.

Right that's me, I'm off, things to do, places to be!  Whatever you've got to get done today BeYOUtiful make sure you take a little time out for you, have that 5 or 8 a day and hopefully keep up with drinking the water too, now you've realised how good it is for you!


No comments: