Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 3 April 2015

Let's make it a Good Friday!



3rd April 2015
Always find a reason to laugh, it may not add years to your life but will sure add life to your years.

It's Good Friday then, a day of tradition where people eat fish and hot cross buns.  Who remembers the rhyme "Hot cross buns, Hot cross buns, One a penny, two a penny, Hot cross buns.", for it should remind be, "Hot cross buns,  5 ProPoints each, they're not one a penny, there's 4 in the pack, 20pp later and you're gonna get fat!"  We have hot cross buns and teacakes in our house all the time, they're moms staple breakfast, she does have one a day, I stay clear because it's just something else I don't need to get a taste for!   I've never baked them though, and I've just noticed there is a recipe on the Weight Watchers website, maybe that will go on my to do list next time I fancy a bit of baking. 

Oh and don't forget fish doesn't have to be in batter!  Fish is such a great choice  and it's so versatile, I love it, Salmon and Trout would probably be up there on my favourite list but lately I'm taking a liking to white fish like cod and it's so low in ProPoints, at 2pp for an 120g fillet, it really is a fantastic low ProPoint option.  Fish pie is my besties favourite, but what about a fish curry and of course the ultimate fish finger sandwich!  Ooo now that might need to go on my 'to eat' list.

Yesterday as always was a great day at work, they are always enjoyable but a couple of things stick in my mind the first was one of my gold members telling me that when she was aiming for goal, what kept her going was "she just wanted to be thin, she thought it would make a difference and make people think differently about her", she realised now that it didn't, not the people that matter to her anyway, I think she's realised they loved her then as much as they love her now, being thin wasn't a necessary criteria for their love, it was her who wanted her body to change, they weren't fussed.  Don't get me wrong, she looks amazing, but it hasn't changed who she is because she was already awesome.  We also both agreed that we need some fun in our life, we work too much sometimes and forget to take time out to giggle!

Well I combined giggling with work on the evening, one of my helpers is a children's entertainer, she does all the face painting, balloon making etc and last night between meetings she showed me how to make a balloon flower and a balloon dog, oh and a sword!  Well I've not been that engrossed in something for a while and giggle, I have to say it's not easy, it makes your hands cramp up, but the look of glee on my face when I did it was hilarious!  Big kid really and can I just say if you ever hire a kids entertainer, they earn every penny they charge!   I quite like the idea of a few of my mates getting together and having a balloon making workshop, how funny would that be, even funnier if there was wine involved!

Yes more giggles are necessary, I need more giggles (are you reading this Wyatt! We need a giggle get together!) In the meantime I might find a good comedy film to watch this weekend.  I'm sticking to my 'cleaning up my act' plan, there hasn't been much done the last few days because of work, but I did a bit, the wine corner is sorted and all the cardboard thrown away, magazines are moved and today I'm sorting the clean washing lying all over the house and moving it to my bedroom - that's a bigger job!

I've got the makings of a beef stew, I think I'll throw it all in the slow cooker though, then I can go away and leave it and come home and eat it after my massage later.

Laughter is going to be the theme to my weekend, if the sun don't shine outside, I'll make sure it does inside.  

Have a really Good Friday BeYOUtiful, I plan too.





No comments: