Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 April 2015

Chocolate, cookies & chips, those C's are dangerous!



2nd April 2015
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult.  You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it!
I need to get my brain to wake up, it's protesting this morning as I had a bit of a late night, 10pm on a week night isn't smart for me, I'd started watching the roast of Justin Bieber and have to admit it was making me laugh, I hadn't realised it was 2 hours long, so I had to leave it half way through and go to bed.

I had my first Easter egg bought me yesterday, not been bought an egg for years, it's a little Milky Bar one, and because I do absolutely love white milky bars, I'm going to eat it Easter Sunday, it's 10pp (weighs 65g), not bad really, I'll replace breakfast with it, fair swap I'd say.  That's the beauty of Weight Watchers you can spend those ProPoints on anything, of course common sense wouldn't let me do that regularly.

I'm thinking I might need to have fish on Friday too and I really fancy a Turkey dinner Sunday, not because of 'tradition', I won't lie, I have no religion in my at all, the only church I go to is the Church of the Weight Watcher but after talking Easter all week in my meetings, it's now made me fancy all these things, add to that all the advertising out there, I keep receiving emails suggesting what I eat this weekend!  It needs to stop, I don't need encouraging, I can lead myself astray just fine thank you.

Having said that, here's a 5 minute chocolate cake recipe that came via email yesterday from Netmums!  I've ProPointed it to 9pp a slice, serving 6.  Be interesting to know if it's any good, as it'd be great because it's freezable.

5 minute chocolate cake, (6 slices, 9pp per slice - 53pp total)
A super speedy chocolate cake, which tastes great served hot or cold...
  • Prep: 5 minutes
  • Cook: 5 minutes
  • Freezable
  • Easy
This simple chocolate cake is ideal for the children to make.
Ingredients
  • 175g sugar (19pp)
  • 110ml boiling water
  • 25g cocoa powder (2pp)
  • 55ml vegetable oil (14pp)
  • 1 egg (2pp)
  • 55ml milk (1pp)
  • 175g self-raising flour (15pp)
Method
  1. Put the cocoa into a small bowl or cup and pour on the boiling water, mix well
  2. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir well again
  3. Put the flour and sugar into a bowl, add the cocoa mixture, milk, oil and egg - mix well
  4. Pour the batter into a greased 8" inch wide microwave-proof dish and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes
  5. Cooking times may vary depending on how powerful your microwave is, if it doesn't look cooked, microwave for a further minute
  6. Let it cool in the dish, then top with fresh raspberries and a dollop of cream (for extra ProPoints)

Right back away from the chocolate cake idea at 5am Beverley!  Here's a link to the chippy blog I did last year as I've had a few people asking about the ProPoints in stuff from their local fish & chip shops.
http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/all-things-battered-chipped.html

Another thing that impressed me yesterday was one of my members resisting temptation, as we all know how difficult that is!  Well done to Kelly, she was on a training course at work and resisted the biscuits, and declined the buffet food, cake and a smoothie - that takes some doing.  I've found myself in such courses and not been so strong. 

These were the biscuits;


They're all about 2pp each, there 7 biscuits there, you do the math, how easy would it be to eat half your daily allowance in a few minutes while mindlessly munching on a few biscuits whilst drinking your cuppa and listening to someone talk.  We've all done similar haven't we and it's so easy.

Being aware of the extras, the bits in-between the main meals is possibly the best thing you can do to help your weight loss efforts. 

Let's be aware today! 

No comments: