Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 January 2013

Tried to bite my tongue - but I can't!

31st January 2013
 
The meaning of life is to live life. Jon Blais
 
Last day of January, wow it’ll be Christmas again before we know it!  It’s weigh day for me again, don’t they roll round I’m hoping for my pound off, it’ll be my third consecutive week if I get it and I’ll be thrilled.  Not because I’ve lost a pound (heck losing weight is something I’ve got down to a fine art when it suits me) but because it’ll mean I’m finding a balance between indulgence and healthy eating and that is my ultimate goal.  This week I’ve had a bit of what I fancy, I’ve sat less to earn those ProPoints on my pedometer (9 yesterday) and I’ve tried to make mealtimes good healthy food when possible.  Oh and most importantly, I’ve enjoyed every mouthful of food I’ve eaten apart from the fish and chips Tuesday night but when I’ve stopped enjoying – I’ve stopped eating!  When I’ve felt full – I’ve stopped eating!  And if I’ve stopped paying attention – I’ve stopped eating!
 
I nipped to Sainsbury’s yesterday, I had planned not to shop this week but I caved, I needed onions and ended up with a half price leg of lamb (£10) for Sunday dinner (you can’t not take up a bargain like that!  I also looked at the frozen fish because anything had to taste better than Tuesday’s £5.05 effort at the chippy.  They had offers on the Young’s fish they looked like this;
(battered or breadcrumbs 7pp each)

(battered or breadcrumbs 6pp each - 50p each bargain)

 (battered or breadcrumbs 9pp each)
 
I personally prefer breadcrumbs to batter so I’ve had me some of the 6pp ones, with 200g of actrifry chips (9pp), I’ll have a fish and chip supper for 15pp a third of that portion from the chippy!
 
I haven’t mentioned the Dispatches programme that was on earlier this week because I don’t think it deserves mentioning, Very poorly researched and completely untrue in some areas. It was a far cry from intelligent, balanced, investigative journalism that’s for sure!  In it however they made a comparison of 100g of WW bread at 7pps and 100g of Hovis at 6pps. Guess which one is which;
For a number of us with a weight problem - we're all about the quantity! We eat with our eyes! 
 
I don’t very often buy Weight Watcher products because I don’t need to, I’m happy to use my calculator to ProPoint foods (some people like the convenience of having it already done for them) as I did with the fish in Sainsbury’s, it’s not difficult and it keeps me healthy.  Just like someone with an illness who takes medication has no qualms about taking it to stay alive, I have no qualms tracking and ProPointing because it helps to keep me healthy and alive!  Thanks to Weight Watchers I have a very healthy balanced approach to my eating habits these days, I don’t deny myself anything, I don’t do guilt when I overindulge but I do see it’s important to take care of my body and find a balance because I matter and I’m important enough to want to bother!
 
I’ve loved the feedback and support we’ve received since it aired and one particular statement yesterday was brill, two members came in and said “did you watch that drivel about WW, I’ve just been talking to one of your old members in the street and she said, “Bev’s never told us to eat Weight Watcher food, I actually remember her saying once, Weight Watchers don’t have special superlean pigs running round in bikinis that they make their bacon and ham from.”  Yes that is one of my lines, they don’t have special pigs, they just weigh it out, ProPoint it and package it up so you don’t have to, and of course you pay for that privilege. 
 
You also pay for the meetings because it’s a business and I have to earn a living and I’m proud of that because I’m doing something I’m passionate about, I’m selling a product I believe it (when I worked for a lock company, a butchers and a greengrocers I didn’t always agree with what I say being sold!)  Millions of pounds are spent on research and training by Weight Watchers and it works, heck if you join at the moment, it’s free membership and a free meeting, we can’t really give you more than that.  Why do we let you have the first week free, because we know it works and we’re pretty confident you’ll come back the second week.  By giving you that first week, it means you can afford to spend a tenner on the calculator so that you can ProPoint anything and you don’t have to buy special foods.  I work a 50 hour week and that doesn’t include the time I spend on the phone to members, answering texts and emails or on facebook offering support to people I’ve never even met!  Yes I’m passionate about helping others feel as happy in themselves as I do now, if I was rich I’d still do it, and I wouldn’t be fussed about a wage, but I’m not so I have to earn a living.
 
Damn, I promised myself I wouldn’t go off on one and get off my soap box after watching that rubbish but obviously I just can’t help myself!  I’ve seen too much success to hold back I’m afraid and I think what’s impressed me the most is that those who haven’t succeeded YET have admitted it’s not Weight Watchers fault, it’s their own – I just love that people are taking ownership and hold themselves responsible for their own behaviour, that in itself is priceless.  I love that members who join these days don’t just say, “I wanna lose weight”, they are now saying, “I want to lose weight, make long term life changes, I want to enjoy the journey” Oh yeah that’s what I’m talking about, there are no quick fixes, it’s not a race anything worth having – is worth working for.
 
So here’s to yet another delicious day and to always Eating Gorgeous xx
 
 

No comments: