Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 January 2013

61pp for a portion of fish & chips! weighing almost a Kilo! WHY!

30th January 2013
 
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.
I thought about them all night long whilst at my meeting, they were mentioned a few times throughout the day by members and my bestie had said she fancied them at the weekend but then changed her mind!  So after an emotionally charged day and hormones raging as I left my meeting I headed towards the chip shop for fish and chips.  My eye brows raised when he said, “that’ll be £5.05 please”, HOW MUCH!  I couldn’t wait to tear open the bag in the car park to get a taste but when I did they were awfully greasy, I thought maybe it was just that one, I’ll wait till I get home.  One putting them out on a plate, I weighed them first 600g of chips and 330g fish in batter!   The chips would have been 41pp and the fish I’m guestimating from using other examples to be about 20pp, it wouldn’t all go on one of my plates!  I think that says it all, mom didn’t want any and I was beginning to wish I hadn’t bought them too, so I had a few, ate a bit of the fish without the batter which was disgusting and left the rest, it was all so greasy I’m now cured, the fish was chewy, obviously from overcooking – I think I’m cured!  I’ve just weighed the leftover chips and theres still 470g so I only ate 130g, the eating out guide says a standard portion of chip shop chips is 210g for 14pp, so mine were 9pp and the fish well I only ate a small piece of the cod I couldn’t bring myself to eat the batter, not even for money!  What a waste of £5.05 but what a save of ProPoints worth every penny, I ended up devouring a Bounty instead for 7pp ;-)  Looking it all up online I have finally found Roe in Batter and it’s 8pp (160g) which is what I’ve always suggested, I’d rather have Roe without the batter (100g = 2pp) and I’ve just popped that on this weeks shopping list, together with Smoked haddock (150g = 4pp) which is delicious and hasn’t been consumed for a while!
 
I enjoyed my lunch yesterday though and it was only 10pp and a real easy meal to throw together, 60g spaghetti (6pp) and 1tbsp sweetcorn (1pp) cooked together, then warm through a tin of Batchelors low fat condensed chicken soup (4pp for the tin) stir half (2pp) of the can into the cooked pasta together with 30g (1pp) of wafer thin ham, delicious.
 
Apparently I have it on good authority that Sainsbury’s be good to yourself Chicken Jambalaya is quite nice for 10pp, I fancy having a go of making my own from scratch rather than the pre-packaged version and here’s recipe shared by Kellie that I will be adding to my meal plan over the coming week,
 
Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya
 
Pro Points Per Serving: 11
You will also need to point your bread if you choose to have it!!
 
Serves: 5
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
 
3 Chicken Breasts
Low Fat Cooking Spray
1 Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
2 Large Garlic Cloves, Crushed
100g Chorizo, Diced
1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
300g Long Grain Rice
400g Chopped Tomatoes
350ml Chicken Stock ( I use 1 Oxo Cube)
 
1.    Spray low fat cooking spray into a large pan with lid and allow to warm.
2.    Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, remove and set aside.
3.    Tip in the onion, pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes.
4.    Stir the chicken back in.
5.    Add the chopped tomatoes including all the juice and the chicken stock.
6.    Add the rice and stir. Put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until the rice is tender.
7.    Serve!
 
Well I better get ready to do battle with the day ;-) it’s still dark out there so can’t see the weather, which is just bizarre at the moment isn’t it, last week in the minus and snow, last night driving home it was 13 degrees – what’s that all about – crazy weather.
 
Here’s to a delicious day and remember to always Eat Gorgeous xx

No comments: