Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 6 February 2012

Can't beat a random act of kindness

6th February 2012

Never get tired of doing little things for others; Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts
I spent the entire day yesterday putting together a photo blog book on my computer of my trip to New York, it’ll cost me about £25-30 to have printed but if you think about it getting photos printed and buying a nice album would cost about the same.  If you wanna see, click the link.

If you spot any mistakes let me know before I place my order ;-)

It took up my total attention and the day flew by, it also distracted me from any thoughts of eating/drinking which was a bonus.  It reminded me too of how much I enjoy doing creative things so I will make an effort to do something more often.
The snow hopefully is on its way, I know it looks pretty when it’s falling and the kids love to play in it, but it can be so dangerous and cause accidents and also don’t forget all those elderly people out there living alone, if you know one please go and check on them.  It’s way to easy to have the “I’m alright Jack” mentality, it’s much nicer to have a “what can I do to help” mentality!

Do you ever do something just to be nice, not for rewards or thanks but just a random act of kindness because.   Here’s one I read this morning that I thought was lovely;
"I go to one of those "everything's a dollar" stores and purchase several umbrellas to keep in my car. When I am driving somewhere in the rain and see someone stranded without any shelter I pull up by the roadside and hand them an umbrella. It brings out a smile every time!" – debbiewright

How nice is that!  I remember the good old days when you’d have been able to pick the person up and give them a lift, unfortunately now that’s not really a safe option, isn’t it a shame.
This week, why don’t you look for your way to make a difference, even if it’s opening a door for someone, which will make their day?  You should never get tired of doing little things for others; Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.

When your reading this, did you think I haven’t got time for a hobby, or I don’t have time to be being nice to other people, I’m busy and have a home of my own to run?  If you do you need to work on your NOT TO DO list! 
I was asked this weekend “Do you ever sit down my lovely. Ha ha. Bx” I often here people say, “how do you do it all?”, “where do you find the time?”  The answer – I don’t!   I can’t remember the last time I had a good clean up in my house, it looks ok so it doesn’t need dusting every day/week.

Here’s how to make some time on your calender, draw a line down the centre of a piece of paper, on one side of it write “to do” and then on the other side write “not to do”.  People really have crazy long to do lists don’t they?
Now take a good look at your ‘to do’ list and take anything on it that someone else could do for you and nove it to your ‘not to do’ list.  For example your laundry or the washing up – is there someone else in your house could do it?  Food shopping – would ordering online speed it up?  Cleaning?  Forget about it – it’ll still be there tomorrow and the day after, if it’s bothering the other members of your family, tell them to feel free to have a go themselves! 

So now you’ve cleared a bit of time on your calendar, find something to do with it that’ll make your heart sing, what is that?  If you’re not sure what that is, start by doing anything that you find a tiny bit fun/interesting - not eating or drinking!  What are you good at? What excites you?  What do you read about?  What have you secretly dreamed of?  Still not sure, then experiment, start small, and try anything that makes you smile when someone mentions it.
You may not have any free time till next weekend, but at least you’ve got a week to think about it.

No comments: