Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 13 January 2023

What to have for dinner?

Friday 13th January 2023
Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time at all 



YAY!  From 8.30 till 3.15 I have the house to myself, a complete day to myself - woo hoooooooo.  Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?  The Remote control is MINE, the settee is all MINE, the blanket on the settee is MINE!  I don't have to watch any crap YouTube videos on the tele showing me how to change an engine casket (I know that's not a thing but you get me) or any other such crap.

What will I do with myself, I'm contemplating going swimming once I drop Aryn at school but then I also want to just sit on my backside and not do anything, I'd like to take myself out to lunch but I'd also like to sit on my backside and eat whatever I can find in the freezer and possibly day drink.  I'd like to go walk round the shops and spend the Christmas money I got and the raffle prize I won but I'd also like to sit on my backside and not spend a penny.  Mmm, what's a girl to do? 

Yesterday was a busy but good day, lovely huddles, lots of giggles.  I forgot to eat breakfast so by the time I did get home I was absolutely starving and ended up eating chunks of cheese whilst waiting for something to cook, I wanted to cook two not very big jackets, so I threw them in the microwave for 5 minutes, then popped them in the Ninja for 7 minutes and the buggers still weren't cooked, I thought these things were fast.  As you can imagine, I'm HANGRY and the cheese is disappearing!  I popped them back into the microwave for another 4 minutes and there were okay, I threw on the leftovers from the night befores tea and we ate that.  It was food!

Thankfully, we had a tasty tea, HelloFresh sausage burger, it was supposed to be served with wedges but we opted for onion rings.  The rocket salad was lovely as I added my balsalmic that was a gift at Christmas.  


I've been awake since the alarm went off at 4.30 to wake him, I tried but couldn't go back to sleep, my Fitbit isn't impressed with my 6 hours 26 minutes sleep but it doesn't know I might have a snooze on the settee later.

I have no meals planned for today at all, I will need to feed these boys when they return so I better get my thinking cap on.  I don't want to shop so I'm thinking what have I already got, there's spuds leftover from the wedges we didn't make, I have corned beef so maybe a hash of a sort, make it healthier by added peppers and spinach as well as the onions (they're in the fridge). we have corn on the cob in freezer too I think, mmm this is sounding tasty.

See I also like the idea of spending some time in my kitchen cooking today whilst listening to my audio book.  Ooo what's a girl to do?

Oh my 3 good things from yesterday, 
1) my cats reaction to my fart.
2) Coming home to the washing up having been done.
3) Watching a good episode of Longmire whilst he fell asleep next to me.

Whatever I do, I'm gonna enjoy some ME TIME, before enjoying some together time this weekend.  Poor Aryn is absolutely shattered, he got home yesterday and went and changed, came down and I said, 'are you okay?', his response, 'Yeah, I'm just tired and I've still got another day', lol, he'll get used to it, getting up at 7 every morning and doing a full day at school.  It's a long day when you think about it, the classes are 1hour 15minutes long, that's a long class, ours were under an hour I'm sure, how the heck do these teachers hold the kids attention.  I was always told 20 minutes is prime time for hold anyone's full attention in a presentation so I don't enjoy them.

I'm gonna go make myself another cuppa and see what I fancy watching on the tele for an hour before I wake Aryn up. 

Whatever you're up to today, look for the positives and the 3 good things. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love m 



No comments: