Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 28 May 2018

Typical bank holiday weather - NOT!


28th May 2018
Perfection isn’t what matters.  In fact, it’s the very thing that can destroy you…

Well that was quite the storm!  I've never seen the likes of it before, at one point we had quite the pool in the garden, but then I could see how much worse it was for some friends on Facebook, one’s house was completed flooded downstairs, where do you even start!  You sure can’t argue with nature when it’s at full force. 

I think we’re looking at a Bank Holiday money chilling with my mom, I wouldn’t mind finding a good film to enjoy, I did manage to give the kitchen a good clean yesterday too, my office and bedroom are in dire need of a tidy up, but meh, I just don’t fancy that.  Maybe I’ll iron, although that hurts my back, yay to middle age ;)

My dinner was delicious yesterday though, Co-op meal deal £6 for main and two sides, we only ate the one side.  Lemon and garlic chicken with chunky chips, all for a bargain 14SP, I have to say their chunky chips are the best I’ve ever tasted and worth 8SP for half box, but if you’re ever wondering why a bag of chippy chips are so much just look at how many are on those plates and compare!
I have to say I’m over the moon with the generosity of everyone with moms Justgiving page, just shows how much people care about the NHS and like my mom, I’m truly grateful and I love reading the messages to her that people leave so if you do donate leave a little message please xx The easiest way to donate is to text BAYF58 £1 or whatever value you want to send to 70070 or click the link and donate via this page.

I need to remember to take some fish out the freezer this morning, so I can cook some of it, I like the idea of home made fish fingers

Homemade Fish Fingers  Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins 

Feeds 3, 3SP per serving

85g white breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread (5sp) (use low cal brown bread for No Count)
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil (4sp)
400g skinless white fish, sliced into 12 strips

Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow dish. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs along with the oregano and some salt and pepper.

Brush a non-stick baking sheet with half the oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins until golden.

Ooo yeah, mom will enjoy them too I reckon, talk of the devil, she’s just got up so I’m off to sort her out and make her a drink.  Catch ya tomorrow, have a great day regardless of the weather.

No comments: