Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 28 July 2017

Yay, it's Friday!

28th July 2017
Follow your soul, it knows the way.

Actually stayed on track yesterday, did No Count, scrambled egg, tomato & spring onion wrap for breakfast, tuna jacket potato for lunch then when I got home from work I cooked some wholewheat spaghetti and had it with stir fried veg, a little passata and herbs, topped with a bit of parmesan.  Ended my day satisfied and resisted temptation, no snacking in front of the tele.





I may try another No Count day today, there’s defrosted chicken and salmon in the fridge so it’ll be easy to turn them into No Count meals and I’ll start my day with fried eggs on toast, mmm and mushrooms, I don’t have to rush today which will be nice.  I was still in my pj’s yesterday at 7 and I had to leave the house at half past!

I’ve got a butternut squash in the kitchen, mmm what to do with it…

I think I’m going to experiment, curry is springing to mind, a creamy type of curry with chicken and maybe some lentils, we’ll see, I’ll let you know of course.

I’m enjoying my meetings a lot this week, one of the things we’ve talked about are those moments when you eat something that you just normally wouldn’t, so for me it was eating cheese straight from the block last weekend and chocolate biscuits, I’d never do either usually!  Just shows none of us are golden all the time, wouldn’t life be boring if we were!

I’ve just spend an hour messing about looking at pinterest, recipes etc online and now I still don’t have much to say today, so I’ll just share a recipe I really like, that I haven’t had for a long time, so I think this is lunch sorted, it’ll only use 1sp of my weeklies on No Count;

Malaysian chicken (3sp)
Serve with rice and steamed broccoli
Take 10 mins to prepare, 12 minutes to cook

1 small onion, sliced
1/2 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
Low fat cooking spray
1 chicken breast, diced (2sp)
1 teaspoon light brown soft sugar (1sp)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons chicken stock or water
1 teaspoon rice vinegar or lime juice

Spray a lidded, non-stick saucepan with cooking spray and fry the onions and chilli for 2 minutes.

Add the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute over a high heat, then sprinkle in the sugar and cook for 1 minutes more until caramelised. 

In a jug, mix the soy sauce, stock and rice vinegar or lime juice together.  Pour over the chicken, cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Remove the lid, increase the heat, and bubble for 2 minutes until slightly reduced.  Tossing the chicken in the sauce to glaze.


Here’s to a good day, I plan to have one, I’m off to clean the kitchen ready for a little cooking session, then I’ve got my meeting tonight to look forward too, love a bit of Friday Essington.





No comments: