Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 June 2017

Made it to Friday...

23rd June 2017
Your energy introduces you before you even speak.


Day 5 and on track, yesterday afternoon got tough, I got peckish, I'm not sure if it was because I'd had a taste of a packet of crispy things and wanted more or that I was genuinely hungry because I had fruit for breakfast and one hard boiled egg because I didn't have time to cook my usual breakfast. I think possibly the first to be honest as I had fruit and yogurt every day the other week and I was ok, although then I was probably eating more afterwards!


Anyway, it was a good day, I ended on 32 Smart Points and I am being 100% honest with it too, no pretending something didn't get eaten or drank. I even found time to cook, I've prepared the chicken for today too – check me out! Yesterday we had teriyaki chicken from the new cookbook, delicious, possibly my favourite meal of the week so far, so good. For my tea on the night I stopped at the shop to get a cob, but they had a foot long French stick reduced to 12p, well, that was a no brainer. I got back and weighed it, ouch 16sp, I knew that the chicken I had to go in there was 6sp and I didn't want to waste too many weeklies so I started to tear out the doughy bread from the middle of the stick.



The finished meal - damn good! 

It saved me 6sp doing that, I might use that leftover bread this morning for something else, watch this space. Anyway this was the result and it was so good, just what my inner greedy bird needed for sure. After that and a mug of tea, I was ready for bed.

I didn't quite get my 10k steps but I wasn't far off and I do spend a lot of time actually working on a Thursday, plus Alfie didn't seen to want to walk very far yesterday even though it had actually cooled down.

I've got another recipe to cook today, Moroccan something, another one from the new chicken cookbook. I've also got a few errands to run, but first I have a lady from Carers Support coming to see me in 45 minutes so I better go put some clothes on! Although I have pjs on so I don't look too bad.

Heading towards the weekend, need to stay on track till weigh day Monday, I can do it, we can do it.

Let's do it!

Right short and sweet today, got too much to do.

Yesterdays something that made my day memorable and I want to remember was seeing how one of my members little girls has improved massively with her health as she was born with so many problems but yesterday she was laughing and smiling and it was awesome, it was also fantastic to see that persistence really does pay off because that member was not giving up on that little girl, she has spent the last year fighting for her and it's paid off. We all need to fight for ourselves as much as we would others!

Already had todays memory, it was just lying on moms bed and having a natter and a giggle with her because I don't have to rush anywhere on a Friday morning, the lady can take me in my pjs, there's nothing on show :)

Here's to a healthy & happy Friday – we got this BeYOUtiful! 

No comments: