Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 February 2016

Get a wriggle on!



11th February 2016
Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further. Thomas Carlyle


Morning all, distracted with 'stuff' this morning, I've been sat here over half hour messing on the internet, so need to stop as I have to leave for work in 2 hours!  Let's keep this brief shall we ;)

Yep I'm still on track, no I'm not being gold, yes I do hope for a little 1/2lb tomorrow but if I don't get it, it's all good, it's about being healthy and happy, the weight loss in the side effect and I'm okay with that.

Yesterday looked like this;
Breakfast was 6 smart points of warby thin (shan't buy them again), egg, 2 bacon medallions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Lunch was 10sp of actifry chips, egg and beans
I wasn't hungry at tea time and I'd had a few biscuits (5sp) so I had some dhal soup for 7sp

Today will include chicken, my lovely friend gave me a chicken yesterday, her mom won a raffle that gets her free meat all year - how fab is that, so I'm thinking slow cooker chicken, I'll throw it in when I've finished this blog and I'll have food when I get home, I might sit it on some onions and a bit of stock too if I have time to peel and chop.  I could have that with some mash potatoes and broccoli for lunch, then pick at the leftovers for tea with a bit of bread - sorted. 

Eggs for brekkie of course, that's the staple diet in my house, I have eggs, mom has a toasted tea cake, she can have that as she doesn't really eat later on so has the Smart Points to cover it, been maintaining 11 years, we can't really knock her!

Speaking of which she's just woke up too, so I've got to really get a wriggle on.


This weekend I plan to make the Morrocan recipe kit from the meeting, I've bought the ingredients ready, here's a tasty Smart Point recipe for you.

Yogurt-Spiced Chicken with Rice
Serves 4, 9sp per serving

150 g Yogurt, Virtually Fat Free, Plain
1 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
1 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh
4 medium Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw,

Rice salad:
240g Tilda Basmati Rice, (or similar)
1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable
1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, grated
1 medium Pepper, Red, deseeded and chopped
1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tablespoons Mint, Fresh
1 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh
1 portion(s) Salad Vegetables

Mix the yogurt and curry powder together in a glass or plastic bowl and add the chopped coriander. Place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film, then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out until slightly flattened. Add them to the yogurt mixture, stirring to coat. Cover, chill and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.

Cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water with the stock powder or cube for about 12 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly. Add the carrot, red pepper, chilli, mint and coriander.

Barbecue or grill the chicken breasts for about 6 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked (to check, pierce the thickest part with a sharp knife – the juices should run clear)

Serve the chicken with the rice salad, with green salad on the side.

Have a bostin day BeYOUtiful. Go grab yourself a glass of water, I've just drunk mine xx

No comments: