Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 20 July 2014

Normal - NO! Never!

20th July 2014
If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced – Vincent Van Gogh

 My day just flew by yesterday, I nipped round to Jane’s house for the newspaper photographer and by the time that was done and a few other things, it was gone four and I hadn’t eaten since breakfast!  I’d defrosted some beef but I wanted to use up a sweet potato I’d bought last week, but as I stood in the kitchen looking at a recipe and all the ingredients in it, I just couldn’t be bothered to do it, so instead I compromised I used an Asda basic range jar of curry sauce (9pp) but still balanced it out with filling and healthy ingredients (can chick peas (8pp), 600g sweet potato (15pp), onion and spinach) and it was delicious, 2pp per portion if following F&H or 8pp per portion on ProPoints.  These economy curry sauce jars cost about 20 pence from most supermarkets and at the end of the month when you’re skint, that’s useful!  Approximately that meal cost £1.50 total for a dish that would serve 4 as a light lunch or tea, bargain!  Chickpeas are high in protein and fibre, including soluble fibre which can help to lower cholesterol.  Sweet potatoes and spinach also have fabulous health benefits, but I won’t bore you with the details, feel free to google it or just trust me that this would be a great healthy meal to quickly knock up in a hurry or on a ‘can’t be bothered’ day.


I also used one of those cook in the bags with the beef I’d defrosted, so I can have that for my dinner today maybe, or freeze it for in the week when I’m rushed. 

Okay, so I’m a big believer in BeYOUtiful, I truly believe that everyone is beautiful and as soon as they realise it they are more likely to take care of themselves because you can’t take care of something you don’t love!  To me BeYOUtiful means always loving yourself, being happy in the skin you’re in, truly appreciating your own greatness and realising that a ‘specific’ size isn’t the answer to all our problems and so much more! 

I often listen to the things that people say and in my mind I’m shaking my head in a “oh dear me, I can’t believe you just said that” kind of way.  People can be so ignorant, sometimes downright rude in the things they seem to think are acceptable to say to another human being, especially when it comes to a person’s size!  Things like, “You’ve got a pretty face for a fat person”, I’ve heard moms introduce their child as their fat or chubby one, and yesterday I heard a man tell a lady when looking at her ‘before’ she lost weight photo “still got a nice smile there though!” mmm I didn’t realise weight came off your teeth, this alone wouldn’t have been too bad if it hadn’t been followed up with “so you’re normal now”.  

I’ve just actually stopped typing there for a moment and sat with my head in my hands at such ignorance, the best of it was, he thought he was being nice, he had no clue that the things he was saying might cause offense, no clue at all! 

I just find it sad how people judge each other, how being a specific weight apparently makes you “normal” because the opposite of normal is abnormal isn’t it, or actually I prefer to see the opposite of ‘normal’ as exceptional or rare, that’s more like it, and would make his sentence more acceptable and correct because the lady in question is exception and there’s only one of her so she’s definitely rare!  Aren’t we all!

Anyway I’m going to go make me a cuppa and think about how to spend my day, do I garden, cook a chicken roast dinner maybe, do some work in my office, maybe a little housework (ooo that one made me shudder!) whatever I do, it’s going to be at a slower, chilled out pace, as I’m in the praise of slow this weekend to balance out the week nicely.

Have a wonderful day BeYOUtiful, stop and notice you’re awesomeness, embrace your gorgeousness and take care of you because you are truly exceptional and the rarest thing of all. xx


No comments: