Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 4 December 2011

Love the skin your in...

4th December 2011

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life.Sandra Carey

Countdown to Christmas tip - Ask for help
You're not the only one heading toward the holidays with weight loss in mind. Look for people with similar goals, and ask them about their strategies. Try your meeting, facebook or the Weight Watcher community message boards for great hints and tips from people just like you.


I’m feeling much better today, it’s not totally gone but it’s a 50% improvement on yesterday for sure.  I was excellent diet wise yesterday because I didn’t have the energy or the inclination to eat much, just had my plate of pasta with mushrooms in and that did me for most of the day, had a slice of  bread and spread at tea time and an early night. 

Whilst I was in New York I received an email from a blogger asking me to write a guest blog for her Christmas Advent Calender Blog, obviously I had other things on my mind but I managed to write something quickly whilst returning on the Staten Island Ferry, I’d forgot about it until this morning when she posted it.  As I didn’t really do anything yesterday worth talking about, I’ll share it with you in todays posting;

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that gives you a weight problem - its what you eat between New Year and the following Christmas!

Are you dreading it? All the food, the alcohol, the parties and the get togethers.

What are you going to wear? Do you feel like you don't look good in anything, nothing fits - you don't want to go shopping because seeing yourself in those 360 degree mirrors makes you wanna cry?

I used to feel like that every year until I realised the one thing you can wear that will make you look beautiful and make everyone want to talk to you is a smile!

I've just spent 9 days in New York and I got plenty of male attention and I believe one of the main reasons is I smile a lot and a laugh even more. It gets me lots of attention and I'm overweight, but as my website will tell you I'm what I call a 'happy owl' Over Weight Lady!

Don't let your weight dictate how you feel - you are perfect for who you are! How many friends do you have - they love you, your family love you so you must be fabulous.

Enjoy yourself, if you fancy it eat it, but don't feel you can't refuse things too. You don't have to be rude to say 'NO' and if you practice saying it more often when you say 'YES' it'll have more meaning.

If you're still struggling with your image, if you don't think your ready to love yourself start by loving what your body is capable of, for example my legs, my big chunky legs I used to moan about all the time because my thighs are as big as some ladies waists have just carried me miles around New York City so now I appreciate their strength and power rather than being resentful of their size.

If you have stretch marks from childbirth they should be a reminder of what an amazing thing you did giving birth.

It's no good looking skinny on your holiday photos if you're miserable getting your body to look that way!

I don't know about you but I'm not willing to starve myself to be a certain weight. I've weighed less than nine stone and been a size 8, I was miserable I went to the gym 7 times a week for over an hour and I rarely went out and didn't drink anything stronger than water for fear of gaining. Eating out was a huge no no, I'm so glad I'm over that urge to be thin.

Don't get me wrong I want to be healthy but part of that includes being emotionally happy and weighing in a couple of stone healthier makes me a whole lot happier because I get to enjoy experiences like eating out and partying with my friends.

So take a little advice from someone who smiles and laughs a whole lot more these days - love the skin your in!

I plan to have a simple Sunday, whatever you’re doing – enjoy it. xxx


No comments: