Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 January 2011

5th January 2010

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. Abraham Lincoln
WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, have you seen the new Weight Watchers adverts, I love them, I love the music and the newness of it all. The vibe in the meetings yesterday was fabulous and it was great to see everyone back after our Christmas break. WOW I really do have the best job in the world.

Do you really want to lose weight? Really, Really, and do it properly so you don’t feel like a failure if you have a bad week or if you’ve had a holiday (i.e. Christmas) and gained 5lb - that was me ;-) Well I’ll share my secret with you, the one thing I truly believe has made all the difference, the one trick that keeps me feeling focused and positive all the time, even when I’m having a binge, or I step on the scales and I haven’t lost, or when I’ve been golden for 6 days straight and on the 7th I indulged.

Are you ready for it?

Do you think you can handle it?

Do you promise to give it a go?

100% commitment, no ooo I can’t do that!!!

Seriously, and all jokes aside if you want to lose weight and enjoy the journey, my secret is to love yourself slim!

Yep that simple, the secret is to think you’re beautiful just the way you are right now. Think about it, if you’re after motivation but looking in the mirror and feeling disgust at the size of your waistband or belly, you’re setting yourself up to fail. When I got dressed this morning I cupped my belly with both hands and smiled at it thinking to myself, boy did I enjoy putting that there this last few weeks!

It’s taken me 40 years to realise it, but guess what “I like me”, and since I decided that and that I was going to be the me I like to be, other people started to like me too. In my office I have book upon book about dieting and personal development, a lot of them I’ve read, some I’ve skimmed but whenever I feel a bit off, I read one. I also keep all those nice cards people send me and notes of the nice comments or emails that people have sent me and when I’m feeling a little down, I read a couple. I have a drawer full, it’s my feel good drawer and it works.

So make sure you feel good about yourself, remind yourself that you’re not greedy, you have a love of food and the good life, sounds much better doesn’t it.

Sit down right now and write a list of ten things you love most about yourself. Go on it’s not that hard, I know you’re reading it now thinking, “I don’t have 10 things!” well you do – trust me! If you really struggle go ask friends and family for help. If they struggle, give them help, ask them, “do you think I’m helpful”, “A good cook”, “good in bed!!!” (I’m amazing in bed; I can sleep for 8 hours solid!)

It’s easy to get obsessed about your body and the bits you dislike, but its better to appreciate it, you need to love your body, the one you’ve got right now. Think of all the fabulous things it can do, for example mine continues to work and get me about even when my back is screaming with pain, the rest of my body takes over and ignores it! Do you love your hair, your teeth (I’ll be selling you all soon or swapping you for camels!) If you’ve got a body that gets you around without the aid of a wheelchair you’re very fortunate aren’t you?

Your brain is like a dvd player and you can choose which disc to play, if you find yourself watching the dvd that vents your frustration and anger at your body and your lack of self control it’s not helping. Instead choose a different one, one that shows how much you appreciate how well your body moves and how it’s improving everyday.

Love yourself, it’s the only way and it works. It’s been working for me for a good few years now and I’ve never been more content or happier with my life and myself. I’m very fortunate to be me and be surrounded by people who love me xx

COR we’re gorgeous!

No comments: